LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My life

My life

What a season, started out in March turkey huntin, hunted March, April and first part of May for turkeys, took off June and July to chase Largemouth Bass and White Perch, started back hog huntin in August, deer and duck in September this fall/winter I've gone from swatting 'sketters and watching for rattlers, cottonmouths and copperheads, to this past week battling sub freezing temps, snow, running ice eaters and busting ice to get in the blind. Now going to shift gears for the next couple days see if I can kill a big Ol southern Alabama buck, then get ready to shift gears again and start hunting Snows and Blues in March.

I've got the hardest conversation I'll ever have coming up when I get off this time. I've got to tell my mom it's ok to let go. She told me last time I was there that she was afraid she was too far gone to make a come back this time. This is so going to suck, but maybe it's for the best. I know she's hurting both physical and emotionally. She misses Floyd, they had a love I can't even start to comprehend and she deserves to be happy again

Well I'm bout drunkern a coon dog that's been eatin mash so screw it. I failed yet again!!! I couldn't bring myself to tell my mom that it was ok to let go if she was ready. Reckon I'm just plain selfish. I've been drinkin fireball and it's got me to feelin about right. Sittin here actually layin here watching No Strings Attached great movie. But anyway I'm about a total screw up. I've totally let my dad down over the course of the past 38 years. I'm no where near what he expected of me. I was suspposed to grow up marry my now ex wife and have a kid which I did all that, but I screwed that all up when my gypsy soul answered the seas call and I left the shop, and answered that call by way of Panama City Beach, and the charter boats at Capt Anderson's marina then on to the commercial boats catching all kinds of big red scaleys, copperbellies, beeliners, amberjacks, big Ol Saughead Reds, Scamps, wahoos, yellow edge groupers, tile fish, and every other fish that swims that can be caught and sold. Then I took my happy ass to the oilfield then on my off time commenced to traveling. Had a second chance at a family, screwed that up too. Been a total screw up as a dad, I've got a great youngun but he's got a total f up of a dad. I've got one more chance at this whole family thing w/ my current fiancÚ but give it time and I'll screw that up too just wait and see. I'm really good at screwing crap up. And really I wonder what's the point in all this. Why not just stick a gun to my head and end the screw ups. I'm certinaly not lackin in firepower here, but that would be the biggest screw up of all. So I won't be doing that. I love my Ol lady but lord she's insecure and wants me right up her butt when she's off and it bout drives me nuts. I love being w/ her but there are times I want some me time.

I could do one thing and I'd never let my dad down again or be a disgrace to him and his family again. I'd never again have to be told that I'm not being a good parent. I'm tired

I've known for a long time that I was a screw up as a dad. Thanks for confirming that

You'll never know how close I came today to not ever embarrassing you again. I'm so sorry I've been such a pos son. After next hitch im going away, I'm going back to Ky, I won't be back for a while, I won't be back to embarrass you, or my son. I'd have never told my son that he's an embarrassment to his son. I'm sry I'm not what you wanted me to be. Hope one day you can overlook the fact that I didn't follow in your footsteps like I should have. I know you were raised getting belittled by granny and Bruce so it's just your way. I should be used to it by now but when you put me down by saying my own son is embarrassed by me, that just killed me.

I feel like I'm a complete fake. Don't get me wrong I love my Ol lady, but if she was to want to walk I'd just shrug my shoulders and walk away. Worse part of that would be loosing Taylor and my dog,

[IMG] ]

I'm sittin here at my Ol wore out trailer house been sittin by a fire sippin on some fireball, talkin to the Ol lady, halfway listenin, pettin the dog, had a friend and his son stop by before dark and shoot the bull w/ us for a while talkin about duck and goose huntin. And it just strikes me on the strangeness of life and the roads you travel down. 10 years ago I'd heard of White Plains Ky bc I was workin deck on a charter boat in Panama City Beach for a guy from here. At that point in my life I couldn't imagine doin nothin else but fishin for a livin, then I met an Ol girl on MySpace and she talked me in to goin to the oilfield. That was the best thing anybody ever did for me. I came up here for a funeral and knew within moments I had found home. Now 7-8 years later here I am livin here, got an old 1993 16x80 mobile home that I'm livin in on my off time and a lab pup in my lap. My old trailer ain't much and it flat sure ain't pretty, but, it was paid for the day I moved in. So I've got no complaints.

[IMG] 20160603/ed52f1dfae67abaf905004126fb152de.jpg[/IMG][IMG] 20160603/e179a0fea5c17c2302784df6187bd9b6.jpg[/IMG]

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice