what other online dating sites to try?

I have been on yahoo, plentyoffish, eharmony,matchdoctor, am on link removed util my subscription ends in a few weeks, tried link removed. They are all ok. Nothing really happened on yahoo, plentyoffish, matchdoctor. Few replies on link removed but not what i was looking for. Going to delete my profile on it in a few weeks.

Only one really worked so far. link removed. I met 2 people from there. I have been hanging out with one a lot lately. We get along great! Excellent communication, she is very nice, we just have a lot of fun together. She is now my best friend. I told her im not going more then friends with her for right now, dont want to ruin what we have. She was totally cool with it.

Also met another girl from there, few dates, didnt play out, not what I was looking for.

Also a lot of replies, but again not what I was looking for. Part of life, I guess.

SO im staying on friendfinder.

ANy other sites I can try? I think I have basically been through all of them. lol.

hm. do you really think that finding more sites will help? you can try link removed

but.... I've found that there is a lot of overlap between sites. many people sign up for a few sites, so chances are, you may just be seeing the same girls over and over again on the sites.

I've also heard some good things about link removed

I think it depends on your area and what the popular sites there are.

yea thats why im off the free ones. they are a joke IMO. Plus seeing the same people on them..

Rennasancewoman- have you got a lot of replies on match?

annie- I have basically been on all of them and I found what you say to be true. I think by finding one or two other good ones will help, beyond that I dont think so.

You might want to search for a site designed for people who share specific interests, lifestyle, beliefs, etc. as yourself. One topic that comes to mind is religion. There are a lot of sites for Christian dating, etc. And I've heard of sites for people who share activities like climbing, cycling, etc. as well

So if this applies to you (not necessarily what I mentioned specifically above), try those sites too. Sounds like you've been pretty thorough in your search!

link removed is more of a serious relationship site.

There are free dating sites around but I have found that free sites usually attract the weirdos or people looking for a hookup.

SO its like eharmony?

and yea I know what you mean on the free ones. Met a few weirdos on Plentyoffish. WHy im off it now.

friscodj thanks for the reply. Have you personally done it? Have you had good luck?

friscodj thanks for the reply. Have you personally done it? Have you had good luck?

Well, if you define "luck" in this sense as meeting and generating relationships with people from these sites, absolutely. I am a Christian, got onto a few Christian dating sites a while back, and had some wonderfully amazing experiences with women I met from them...

In general, I give online dating two thumbs up...

That's a good question RW.

See, the thing is, you can narrow down your search on the "big" sites, e.g., link removed, Yahoo Personals, etc. to include special interests, sports, religion, etc. as well. I think that is very important...to find a connection vs. just going off looks, which is what a lot of guys do...

But in the specific case of the Christian sites I visited, I found that women went on these sites because they felt safer meeting someone from a Christian site vs. a bigger site. I suppose there is less of a perception of there being the proverbial "weirdos" on a Christian site.

So my advice for online dating is to sign up for and use free trials on as many sites as you can. You're trying out the site, the features, etc. as much as you are the aspect of meeting people from it. See what happens and after the free trials end, sign up for maybe 3 sites you like the best. Give these sites one full month. Talk over email with people, find a connection, an icebreaker, which in the case of the specific dating sites like the Christian sites, might be easier to find.

Then I say set up a meeting sooner than later because you don't actually "meet" someone off the Internet, you "meet" them in real life. I've carried on lengthy conversations over email/phone with women from dating sites and months later we met and it felt like we were total strangers. And all that time could have been saved had we just met sooner than later. So I say meet as soon as you feel confortable doing so...very important...you just can't gauge the chemistry between you two without meeting in person.

thanks for the replies so far. I am now on link removed, athleticpassions, carpassions, computerpassions, countrypassions, georgiapassions, link removed

These should work. I have all these interests.

thanks friscodj I would of never found them without your advice.

renaissancewoman101 might want to give these sites a try. Friends only, more then friends options.

we are talking 100 times better then link removed

those sites are like a few car forums im on.

I think I have now found my answer.