Anyone happily alone?

LOL I like threads that grow like organisms! No problem at all.

I went to the bookstore an found books on everything but living alone.

They had a mountain of sex books, so I guess most people are having dynamite sex instead of living alone.

Or else writing books about sex.

I couldn't help but LOL at that! Most people aren't having dynamite sex, more like awfull sex, and pretending it was dynamite...

Today's society puts so much enfasis on screwing like bunnies on the first date, and then finding a new person to screw. Happily I didn't bought that concept, and I'm perfectly happy settling down with someone and exploring how to get to make dynamite.

But unfortunaltely, nowadays everything seems to be so fake I can barely stand society.

If there is something I don't like about working from 7am to 3pm is that I go to the gym in the afternoon, when all the highschool kiddies are there, just showing up, doing "5 minutes" of cardio work and then showing off all over the place...

And back to the topic in hand...

I've seriously thougth about being alone... While my current relationship has brought me amazing joy, it has also come with a lot of pain...

I can't say that I have an answer, I'm still to young and naive, lets talk in 20 years and I'll tell you about my findings

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm scary because of how rude and mean I can be

Its good when no one mess with you as they are scared. And eventhough it doesnt look like a good strategy to get dates, it does work.

Well, since this started as a thread about being "happily alone" this is actually very fitting. Of course being mean, rude, and scary isn't a strategy to get dates, but "it does work" very well as a way to stay ALONE.

But ST, are you saying you're that way on purpose?... as a strategy to keep others from "messing" with you? Or is it somewhat spontaneous, happening without any conscious effort on your part? Sadly, I've known some compulsively mean, rude and scary guys who didn't know how to turn it off at the appropriate times. And they couldn't understand why women didn't want to be with them.

On the inside I am a very sensitive, aprehensive and cute guy, easily hurt. So to protect myself I keep people away from me.

But when I fall in love, I'm quite the oposite, the sweetest most caring guy, not the rude freak I'm with the rest of the people.

Hedgehock dilema?

Ah, I have a long-time pen pal like that. He puts on a big show of being a mean tough guy in order to throw people off track of what he really is. He's actually extremey generous, soft-hearted, and kind, and is afraid of being exploited. Now that I've figured him out, I find many ways of teasing him about being a soft-hearted pushover. (Now, if I can just find one like him in a non-cyber relationship. )

But when I fall in love, I'm quite the oposite, the sweetest most caring guy, not the rude freak I'm with the rest of the people.

Hmm. Ya know, it's kinda funny, but that actually gives new meaning to the "süsser" part of your nick.