Dating 12 yr older man

Mixed feelings - I'm involved with someone who is 12 yrs my senior - have the best times, sex, conversations so forth. He's looks his age. My kids are totally against him because of his age, their Dad is only 3 yrs older than me, very good looking, but we never had anything in common and sex was so so. How do I get my kids to come around 13,16 and 17 yrs old? How do I stop having feelings for my ex? He only has good looks no fun.

Mixed feelings - I'm involved with someone who is 12 yrs my senior - have the best times, sex, conversations so forth. He's looks his age. My kids are totally against him because of his age, their Dad is only 3 yrs older than me, very good looking, but we never had anything in common and sex was so so. How do I get my kids to come around 13,16 and 17 yrs old? How do I stop having feelings for my ex? He only has good looks no fun.

How long have you been with your senior man?

Did they say it is only because he is older that they don't like him, or is there another reason? How long ago did you and your ex break up?

Stop focussing on the age gap. It is likely that your kids would have issues with anyone you chose to re-partner with after their father. If they are referring to the age factor it is probably a metaphor for something else. A gap of 12 years at your stage of life is not so big. Just enjoy the relationship for what it is and talk to your kids about what is really bothering them.

I agree with what Melrich has stated- Your children will likely will problem with anyone you choose to date. Every man will be a comparison to their own father.

My parents are 11 years apart and they have an extremely stable, happy relationship. I also had a professor who's wife was 13 years older than him and they'd gotten through so many problems by eachother's side(she had cancer and they didn't have the money).

Once you get to a certain point of maturity I believe that age difference no longer matters. As long as you both are on the same page maturity-wise.

I think u need to find out why your children don't like him. I don't think u should dismiss their concerns. If it is only because of the age gap, then they can get over that. They will eventually come around because they will see how happy you are with him.

I would say that 12 years is really not that significant given your respective ages. When one is 16 and the other 28...there are more differences due to different amounts of life experience, relationship experiences and well, if a 28 year old is looking at starting something with a 16 year old not only is it creepy, but I would wonder what is wrong with him/her that he/she cannot associate with people in their age range.

I think your children would have an issue with whomever you were dating honestly right now, because it is not their dad. 13, 16 & 17..well they are still young, but they are old enough to learn to understand that you are an adult too and not just a mother and desire that companionship. It will take time, but I am sure you still have their best interests at heart and in time they will see if this relationship is true, that he is a good man and you are happy.

Compatibility and personality is more important then looks and age...and one day your children will understand that at well.

As for feelings about ex...it takes time. Take things slowly with the new guy, in other words, be careful of rebounds. You will always have some feelings for the man that is the father of your children, however over time you will both heal.