I am engaged and getting married at the end of May. Here is something that has bugged me a little bit. My fiancee has a group of friends and they go out for a girls night out once a month or so and have a girl's weekend once a year. They are good together and I like that she does that. Now her girlfriends have arranged for a bachelorette party a few weeks before our wedding and her sister and another friend have set up a smaller one with just those three as the sister and friend don't really get along with the friends of hers. So, she has those going on.

I have personally given about 5 bachelor parties in my past. Pretty tame, but fun. Now, about a couple of months ago, my best friend did some stupid stuff and got on the bad side of my girlfriend. I had to kind of defend her because he was saying some stupid things at the behest of his girlfriend (not sure where that came from). Anyways, I had to stick up for her and in the meantime, I haven't been hanging out with my friend all that much. I really don't want to and let him think what he was saying was alright (what was said was silly stuff and had nothing to do with the relationship). Anyways, now, I am not likely to have any kind of bachelor party and for the most part it doesn't bother me.......until my girlfriend says stuff about her doing hers. She isn't trying to be insensitive or anything, but she will get all giddy about the parties and our marriage she has been married once before and I never have.

I know I am being a bit of a baby about this, but I always kind of wanted something like that. My other friends are nice guys, but not likely to put one on for me. I am trying my best not to bring her down when she says anything about her bachelorette parties. Any advice?

ONe, I don't know what happened between you and your friend, but try to resolve it.

And whether you can or cannot, tell your friends you want a bachelor party, then schedule it for the weekend when your fiancee is having one of her parties.

If you want one, and you seem to, then go get it.