Should I block my ex on social media

August8252

My ex and I have been broken up for 3 months now and it has been one of the hardest times of my life. He broke up with me after our 2.5 year relationship and we had NC for 2 months until I contacted him saying that I wanted to attempt being friends probably because I wanted to communicate with him so badly. Anyway I am almost positive I made the wrong decision here. He is not apart of my life and I understand I need to try my hardest to move on. Now since we broke up he has been going out ALOT and even joined almost every dating app you can think of. He even recommended me to join one. Now considering he has been going out he's been tagged in photos with other girls which is making me upset. I didn't want this to happen but I think I have to block him on any social media account that may get me angry/upset. Because my main goal is to GET OVER him. I honestly just want to move on.

Yes. Its the only way to rid yourself of any painful reminders or discoveries. If your main goal is truly to get over him, block him on everything. Get rid of any reminders in your life and don't contact him whatsoever. Im at a month no contact, it still hurts most days, but theres nothing I can say or do to get her back. Looks like the same dead end youre experiencing. If you contact him again, youll likely feel the same regret afterwards.

I expect youll get a lot of the same advice on here. Much easier said than done, but I know how it feels. Let him go.

Did you block your ex? I find it so hard to block him because I do hope one day we can be friends but now I realize that could be a while. I want to make sure I am truly over him and I am not.

The night after she broke up with me I didn't BLOCK her on facebook, but I removed her as a friend, and everyone I met through her. Didn't want any reminders of what she was up to. I guess I didn't have the heart to block her, but it hasn't mattered I haven't seen anything about her and she hasn't tried to re add me or anything. She wanted to remain friends too, but I couldn't do that. I loved her so being friends would never make me happy.

I'm as sentimental as they come, but the moment I found out my ex was talking to someone new, I deleted her as a friend on FB and blocked her so neither of us "exist" to the other on there. She doesn't really post much on there, but I habitually looked at her pictures while and after we were together, so I knew it was for the best.

At this point, it's best you two remain a mystery to each other. If the time comes where you can really be friends, well, it's not like you can't add them as a friend again.

Block.

Don't let them get any part of you without your expressed permission.

Keep yourself from looking in the rear view mirror.

I never even friend anyone I've dated. And then, I block. I want them to get to know me in person, not by my fb posts, and then I want them to return to ignorance. They don't get to know my business after we are through, unless I share it with them intentionally.

Archived