Co-worker kissed me....

ubasti

I dont know where else to post this......so this will do.

I am a newly licensed stylist. I have been working in my salon for 3 weeks now. At the end of the day it was just me and a Puerto Rican barber left. He offered to do my eyebrows, so I said yes. He was flirting with me HARD and then he kissed me twice on the cheek. He said "what would you do if I kissed your mouth?". I replied, "smack you in the face" and left. He was saying very inappropriate things, mentioning me getting in his bed. I told my best friend, Mom and sister and they all acted like it was a good thing!!!

I'm a very modest woman and I don't feel comfortable with such forward advances. Now what? What if tries to make a move again?

I think that you should make sure you are not alone with him. if you are closing together, make sure a friend is there waiting for you to get out, or that you make sure you are all packed up so you can hit the door when you turn the key. Do not accept offers from him to do your eyebrows or hair. In otherwords, keep your boundaries sky high. And tell him firmly that no means no. I would also talk to the owner and ask that you not close at the end of the day with him.

First thing you do in cases of sexual harassment is talk to the person who harassed you and tell them in no uncertain terms that their advances are unwelcome. So do that ASAP. I would talk to the owner of the salon if that doesn't work, and let them know what happened and that you aren't comfortable with it. Say things like "Sexual harassment" and "legal action" and see if that helps. And follow all of abb's excellent suggestions above as well.

Archived