GF cheated and I have no idea what's going on, need some input..

JohnPine

Apologies if this post is lengthy but I would really appreciate any advice as I have no idea what's going on.

Okay so, a while ago my GF went on a 6th year holiday to Zante with two of her friends (we'll call them S and E), after being home for a week or so she broke up with me over text (I know) after a year and a half of being together, saying that she felt we had no future as I'm muslim and she isn't and that we hadn't been making as much effort in the last few months and because of that her feelings had changed i.e. she implied that she fell out of love with me. After we broke up we continued to talk despite both of us attempting to cut all communication. A couple of days later she went into town with her friends, got drunk and admitted she still loved me and didn't kiss anyone. Then, I went into town with my friends and although I didn't kiss anyone either, I got a text from her a few days later saying "I just heard you kissed someone that night in town." I denied it, as it wasn't true and even swore on my brother's life when she asked me to, and then asked my friend who backed me up. That's not all he did, though. He then told me she was messing me about and that he heard a rumour she cheated on me in Zante and that's why she ended things.

Of course, I sent a screenshot of this text to her, and she sent back close to 60 messages saying "You know I wouldn't do this" "I still love you" "I'm still in love with you" "I'm in tears that you think I would do this" ect ect. Her mum even texted me saying "She is in tears why would you think she cheated on you?!" So I said okay I believe you, but I want you to swear on your brother's life this time, and she said I can't, you know how much my brother means to me I can't ever swear on his life but I did not cheat on you (Naturally, I believed her as her and her brother are unbelievably close).

So, we continued talking, and she even came to mine when I had my house to myself for a week and had sex several times, we met up for drives ect and were even more intimate with each other than ever before. Then, on my birthday, I asked her to go to dinner with me, and she did, and had written a note saying she still loved me and wanted me and that we were happy so the whole future aspect didn't matter right now, so she said let's start seeing each other and see how it goes. I said yes.

Now, when we would meet up, it was still amazing, but I guess there was a little less excitement as there was no mystery of if we would see each other and if we would kiss ect. Then, on the Friday that just passed, I surprised her with dinner and the cinema, and we had an amazing night and went back to hers where I lay with her till she fell asleep. Earlier that day, though, we were talking and she said something and I said "No way?!" and she replied "Yes way! I swear on my brother's life!" - alarm bells started ringing in my head. So as we lay in bed I couldn't stop thinking about how she swore on her brother's life, when she said that she never ever could. So, I did something I know I shouldn't have, I went through her phone.

I went on to her texts with her friend, S, whom she was closest with in Zante. I went back to the night I asked if she cheated, and funnily enough, there was the screenshot of my friend mentioning the rumour of her cheating. The replies were more or less as follows:

S: What the f*ck, how does he know?! - Just deny it they can't prove anything nothing happened!

GF: I know!! My heart is beating out of my chest f*ck! - I never even got any photos with him!

S: This is bulls**t man! - Who told him?! - What happens in Zante stays in Zante that's the code fs!

GF: I know that is the code fs!

GF: F*ck, he just asked me to swear on Chris's life!!

S: Just do it!!

GF: I can't, that's my brother!

S: I's fine you know you don't mean it anyway!

I woke her up, began interrogating her, and then stormed out of the house. I then broke down and she came out and said let's talk so we sat in my car and I just kept asking her to admit it and she wouldn't admit it and then I said "Explain those texts then?" and she kept saying "I don't have to explain myself, you went through my phone, I can't trust you again".

Basically, she tried to turn it around on me by saying that I was in the wrong and she had done nothing. Eventually we stopped shouting and she had to go so we said goodbye and that was it.

She hasn't messaged me since but I messaged her today (I know I shouldn't have but I did) just asking "Why did you delete me on facebook?", I'm assuming she did because I kept liking photos and videos about cheaters, but I'm so confused. Why didn't she just admit it? Why was she acting angrily instead of upset when I was interrogating her? I mean, whenever we argue she absolutely hates being wrong and always tries to turn things around, but I saw the proof with my own eyes? Why didn't she explain the texts? Why hasn't she messaged me since? I don't understand because although she hurt me, I still miss her but the fact that she hasn't said a word makes me think she doesn't miss me or care or feel guilty at all. I mean how could she meet up with me, have sex with me and ask to get back together if she felt guilty? Does she really just not care about me anymore? I treated her so well and it's almost as if she's acting like I'm the one who did wrong. The worst part is, I never even got an apology.

She is turning it on you to make herself feel better and is because she's been caught out. She hasn't said sorry because if she does she is admitting to herself what she has done is completely wrong and by the sounds of it that is something she would not regularly do. I think she is messing you around and you need to let her go, think of all the things she said in the break up text, if she really wanted to be with you she would have told you about the cheating thing and begged you to forgive her. I'm sorry it's almost like she is using it as an excuse to end things. I would recommend just deleting her number, blocking her off social media etc, trust me as hard as it is you are better off and you will soon realise this and so will she, I assure you.

An apology from a cheater when first caught is worthless. Perhaps in time when they come to terms with what they are they might be able to offer a heartfelt apology that means something.

She pulled the classic cheater move by turning back on you. Don't fall for it.

Her and her friends cannot be trusted and are all liars.

I am sorry but you need to stop contacting her, stop expecting something from a liar and a cheater and go complete no contact on her right away. It will help you begin to heal.

Lost

Sallama

allaikum broda

Sounds like is some thing she and her friends planed or what they usually do

So even if she apologizes now, it will mean nothing because she didn't see any thing wrong with what she did and will eventually continue

And I'll tell you this; it happens to many in this forum, if you ignore the advice given here and continue, it will still happen

And you'll be back again in the "healing after a breakup section"

And guess what.. You'll still get the same advice, may be more, like a therapy or a book about break up

Be strong and block her on every thing!

Salam!

At least you know what you have on your hands...a cheater. There is nothing to go back to, she has shown her true colors and will make it easier to move on. The pain will subside and you should focus on the fact that there is no hope for this girl, she doesn't care about you, your feelings, and you need to shut her out of your life...hope you have the strength to do it and can move past this.

Archived