Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What does it mean when a woman touches your thigh?

Hi all,

So I was at a happy hour last night with a few of my coworkers and my roommate, and at one point the girl who was sitting next to me wanted to tell a story that involved the two of us, so she leaned over and lightly put her hand on my thigh for a few moments while she started to tell the story. I didn't put much thought into it at the time; I used to have feelings for this girl a long time ago, but those feelings came and went, and now I really consider her a close friend, and its not the first time shes done it either.

After happy hour, I went out with her to a concert, and my roommate texted me saying "is she still dating someone? Girls don't touch your leg for no reason "

Maybe I'm just naive and oblivious to these things, but is there anything to read into that?

The rest of the evening was fairly uneventful; we went to the concert and then had dinner and then parted ways, but I'm just curious to hear people's thoughts on her body language.

Thanks!

Platinum Member oldenoughtoknow's Avatar
    Is she normally a touchy or flirtatious person? Even so, she may feel really comfortable with you and would have touched your arm. touching your leg usually means she is also attracted to you. The happy hour allowed her to let it show a bit.

Platinum Member
    Sounds like she's keen. People don't often touch people on the thigh to tell a story. She obviously wanted your full attention and to feel her hand on your thigh.

Definitely a sexual cue.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#000000][I]
    Carly, don't be sad
    Life is crazy, life is mad
    Don't be afraid
    Carly, don't be sad
    That's your destiny, the only chance
    Take it, take it in your hands
    [/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [LEFT][COLOR=#000000][I]

Well behaved women rarely make history.[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]
    [/COLOR]

[/LEFT]
    [LEFT][B][COLOR=red]Please see the forum rules for posting on enotalone[/COLOR]:[/B][URL="http://www.enotalone.com/forum/forum-rules.php"][B][URL]http://www.enotalone.com/forum/forum-rules.php[/URL][/B][/URL][/LEFT]

I think that one single act of touching your leg without something more doesnt given a good indicator. She could be a touchy person or she could have just touched your leg because she was referencing you in the story.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it the superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason." Thomas Paine

"The wise man questions others wisdom because he questions his own, the foolish man because it is different from his own." Leo Stein

Platinum Member
    Sadly, I think Day_Walker is right. I've had women touch my thigh and mean absolutely nothing.

Well look at it this way. There are two possible outcomes. It could mean something or not. And the only way to answer it is to ask her not the forum really.

Girls will do things like this and not see the sexual innuendo behind it or any implication to flirting behind it. It's just a part of who they are.

Like this one girl... I had a banana and I asked her "want some?" and she says sure and dives in and takes a bite of the banana from near my groin area. I just so happened to be resting it there cause my arms were comfortable resting near there. She didn't realize what that looked like to me, I gave her one of those stares, and then we laughed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Generation View Post
    Girls will do things like this and not see the sexual innuendo behind it or any implication to flirting behind it. It's just a part of who they are.

Like this one girl... I had a banana and I asked her "want some?" and she says sure and dives in and takes a bite of the banana from near my groin area. I just so happened to be resting it there cause my arms were comfortable resting near there. She didn't realize what that looked like to me, I gave her one of those stares, and then we laughed about it.
    That alone would give me a tingling sensation in my pants. But yeah sometime women hold my arms or give me a massage and it doesn't mean a thing to them.
    Sabrina don't stare at it, eat it!- Patrick Bateman

The only reason I would do it if it didn't mean anything sexual, is in a context where I know the guy basically has a gf (so platonic relationship) or is gay. Then again, I still feel awkward at having gays grab my ass and boobs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...