Do people know how to say THANK YOU anymore?

*sigh* Call me old-fashioned, I may be too nice, but is it so wrong to want to hear a simple, "Thank you," once in a while?! I wouldn't even say that I necessarily go out of my way for people, sure, I have a huge heart and I think about others very often, but I don't think I'm asking for too much. I LOVE to bake and one of my favorite things to do is to bake for people's birthdays or just because I'm in the mood to. I never ever get a thank you. I know my baking isn't bad because they finish it, my baked goods have sold out at bake sales, etc, but even if it was bad, wouldn't people still be thankful?! *sigh* It would just be nice for people to say, "Hey thanks! She actually thought about me and made this with love"

Is there any hope out there?

Platinum Member
    I don't think I would be so kind as you to continue giving to people that are not appreciative....

Some people are just not very appreciative, about anything for that matter. Some people are never satisified, about anything for that matter.

I love saying thank you. You are so sweet to make cupcakes and cakes for people on their birthdays. I don't know why people don't show appreciation for it because it is so sweet & nice of you to do that. Thank you

mfan
    Long sweet live, a-chewin' me baby,
    Ain't nothin' wrong with that :)

Most everyone I see says thank you, I always say it too. If the people you meet never say thank you, just remember that in your life all the people you will ever come in contact with will make up a small fraction of all the people on the Earth.

I say please, thank you and sorry probably too much actually. It is somewhat second nature to me now. I even say excuse me when i pass someone, that may not have to move at all for me to get past them.
    Current thought - After doing a pro/con analysis of both genders... I am soooo glad I am male. Women are just sooo complicated with that many things to worry about!

Platinum Member
    My experience living in two major cities is that people are generally polite and appreciative (so am I). If I baked something for someone and didn't get a thank you that would be the last time.

Wow, I can't believe they didn't say thank you, how rude! Are our lives really getting so busy that we can't take two seconds to thank someone? Oh, and what ever happened to the thank you wave when someone lets you in in traffic? I always let people cut me off, and no one ever waves to say thank you anymore!

I'm not a good thank you letter writer but I ALWAYS say please and thank you to people. Could be the MN Nice thing but it was ingrained in me from a young age.
    "Reality is what won't go away when you stop believing in it."
    -Phillip K*

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."
    -Carl Jung

•  

• Related Articles & Books
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    The journal Social Psychology and Personality Science has published a new study according to which individuals who consume organic foods have ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Ben Barry, a modeling agency CEO, has recently conducted a survey in order to find out what kinds of models inspire women to buy their clothes. He ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Eating diet high in trans fats is associated with irritability and aggression, say researchers from the University of California, San Diego School of ...