Should I reach out to him again and try and make amends?

artofdrowning

This guy friend of mine (we has a bit of a fling kinda before we were friends, he came onto me pretty fast/confidently) and well he wasn't looking for a relationship (I learnt after) but he never really asked me what I was looking for he sort of made assumptions, (because I'm a virgin and we nearly went all the way but he didn't feel comfortable with being my first, he said he wasn't looking for a relationship, though he did ask me if I wanted him continue at one point I said I wasn't sure.) we decided to stay friends, but it wasn't working too well, there was a lot of miss communication, he was very flaky, but often turned it around and said I was being paranoid and would re-arrange things for times that suited him, instead of admitting he had been unreliable.

Just before we stopped talking he was trying to suggest I go see a doctor because he thought I was depressed, and that he had recently gone on anti-depressants that had really helped him. I told him I appreciated his advice but I didn't think it was a good choice for me.

I felt confused about his motives. He was always talking about other girls, ex's, and hot women in front of me too,

I decided it would be better for us to not hang out anymore because I felt rejected and I would just end up feeling more jealous and resenting him, so I messaged him on fb to tell him I didn't think we should hang because I felt like he was grossed out by me after finding out I was a virgin, and that being around him wasn't good for my confidence, I said I'd like to remain civil and talk online still etc-

He replied saying that I was the one who was acting weird, and shying away when he tried to make conversation, and said whatever i wished and that he didn't mind.

I messaged him trying to explain a little better and asking if we could be friends in future if it was cool with him, but no reply, 3 days later, I sent him a fb message saying sorry for blaming him and that I didn't want to lose a friend completely and that I still consider him a friend even if he doesn't care.

Still no reply after about 5 days so I deleted him off FB.

Hadn't heard from him at all in a month, until I saw him at work a few weeks ago (he popped in) When he walked in he didn't say anything but as he left I was talking to our mutual friend and serving a customer he just said hi and asked if I was ok.

Didn't see him again until Saturday the other week, again he just popped into work, He said hi to me again, and the Saturday after that he popped in again (he doesn't work weekends and I ha vent seen him pop into work before which is annoying when you re trying to avoid someone) he said hi to me this time too but in a brief manner without making eye contact or anything.

I'm just confused/upset/annoyed about how he just ignored me all that time, without even giving me much closure one way or the other.

I was on a shift with him last week, and he was very quiet and polite, I noticed him looking at me a couple of times without saying anything (normally he comes over to me and chats and is friendly and flirty) I was asking another colleague (his mum) where someone was and he came over and told me she was upstairs, but of course this could just be him trying to be helpful.

His mum also works at the same place as us and shes always very friendly to me, she would speak to me about her son a lot (before I fell out with him) And told other colleague about us, but I think she was taking it too seriously than me or him thought of it as.

Though I was avoiding him/forgetting him successfully since we have occasional shifts together its making it harder to just pretend he doesn't exist. I still don't know if he was just a jerk or if he genuinely cared about me/liked me, if he did care I don't like leaving things on negative terms what shall I do?

Stop worrying about how he feels about you, and concentrate on what your feelings are about HIM. From your post you seem to feel confused, rejected, jealous and that being around him is not good for your confidence.

This tells you everything you need to know. When you see him, be pleasant, polite and friendly. Keep your dignity. If he does care about you and want to get involved with you, he isn't acting like it. Don't waste any more energy trying to work out his motivations; there's no need to be negative or snippy towards him, or ignore him, just don't expect that you're going to get anything worthwhile in the sense of having a relationship with him.

Archived