What will make a guy seek relationship vs. FWB situation?

scaruff

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is all in the personality of the man 95% of the time. Some men just are not happy with an FWB situation. ON some occasions men who really want a relationship do an FWB for some short term gain but that is not who they are. Men who would willfully rather have an FWB over a real relationship probably aren't the kind of men you should pursue.

Give men some credit. Most have more brains and substance than that and want more.

A guy wants an FWB if he's afraid of commitment and has managed to get FWB's the whole time. Or if he was really attached to an Ex who in his mind screwed him over. He screws women over for revenge. Or if he likes the ego of having a woman willing to give him sex and attention while he treats her like a p.o.s vending machine. Or if he is horny. Or if he's emotionally damaged. Lots of reasons. Don't take it personal if a guy asks you to be an FWB, he's the disrespectful jerk, not you. Unless you agree to it, it only reflects on him that he'd propose such a situation.

What makes a girl "great"?

I KNOW what you're doing. YOu're seeking ways to find out what he thought was wrong about you. Stop it. YOu are worthy, and you don't need to prove it. He isn't the one, its not YOU, so don't take it personal. What one guy won't like the other will. Some like brunettes some like blondes. What makes a girl great is being blond....or brunette if you get my drift.

I KNOW what you're doing. YOu're seeking ways to find out what he thought was wrong about you. Stop it. YOu are worthy, and you don't need to prove it. He isn't the one, its not YOU, so don't take it personal. What one guy won't like the other will. Some like brunettes some like blondes. What makes a girl great is being blond....or brunette if you get my drift.

lol

No, I swear I'm not in an FWB.

I'm only interested in relationships. I just want to be able to delineate between relationship seekers vs. FWB seekers.

I'm a female and sometimes I think its a better idea b/c its just less emotional and all that. I dont think its just a guy thing anymore-I know a lot of young women who will also choose FWB over love for a myriad of reasons.

What does that say about people that choose to go the FWB route? Are we evolving in a way where emotional relationships will be taboo one day?

lol

No, I swear I'm not in an FWB.

I'm only interested in relationships. I just want to be able to delineate between relationship seekers vs. FWB seekers.

I think that's a totally valid curiosity. Frankly, I've never been able to perfect the art of differentiating them. --_--

What does that say about people that choose to go the FWB route? Are we evolving in a way where emotional relationships will be taboo one day?

NO, there are still an overwhelming number of people who can't do the whole FWB thing. It is not going to replace relationships anytime soon. It will for SOME people, but not the majority.

There are always minor adjustments and disasterous happenings to improvements. The sexual freedom movement freed women but then it trapped them b/c many of them were tricked into FWBs and men felt like they didn't have to commit or that they shouldn't b/c of the high divorce rate. Its late but thats my two cents.

I find it interesting that it's mostly women trying to figure men out.

This is what I've found in my experience:

What he says: I find fwb relationships less messy due to less drama.

What he means: I don't want to have to feel anything besides sexual pleasure.

What he says: As soon as I find the right girl I'll have a bf/gf relationship.

What he means: As soon as a woman I'm highly attracted to makes me wait long enough before having sex to get to know her and develop some feelings for her I'll have a bf/gf relationship.

I have mucho respecto for all the men who refuse to play this game.

There are always minor adjustments and disasterous happenings to improvements. The sexual freedom movement freed women but then it trapped them b/c many of them were tricked into FWBs and men felt like they didn't have to commit or that they shouldn't b/c of the high divorce rate. Its late but thats my two cents.

Those two pennies hit the nail on the head. The sexual revolution-while it gave women sexual freedom-it helped form the FWB revolution.

What he says: As soon as I find the right girl I'll have a bf/gf relationship.

What he means: As soon as a woman I'm highly attracted to makes me wait long enough before having sex to get to know her and develop some feelings for her I'll have a bf/gf relationship.

Is it the development of 'feelings' that delineates a relationship from an FWB? If so, would it be remiss to venture into saying that with the increased incidence of FWB, we have become less emotional--or removed all emotion from male and female sexual interaction?

Is it the development of 'feelings' that delineates a relationship from an FWB? If so, would it be remiss to venture into saying that with the increased incidence of FWB, we have become less emotional--or removed all emotion from male and female sexual interaction?

Yeah, fwb is like chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips.

Well it says that people are becoming less and less willing to committ and with people condoning sex with people we arent married to. Its not a shock. Why play marriage when you could just do no strings. I mean its sad-the breakdown of the American family, as cohabitation and random sex creates more and more blended families and inconveniences for the singles like me who are actually waiting until marriage. Its pretty sad but everything has a consequence and the sexual revolution has greatly impacted my age group and more and more of us have children out of wedlock and its all messed up IMO. Not many people value marriage and saving sex for that anymore-its all about the here and now-self control is really starting to disappear-I mean you can buy sex and everything else online now. This is the form of evolution that comes as a result of the shunning of traditional values that some found too restrictive.

Yeah, fwb is like chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips.

Are we at risk of becoming a culture totally devoid of emotion in sexual interaction?

It'll be interesting to see how the FWB "movement" affects sexual interaction in 25-50 years from now.

For every reaction-there is an equal and opposite reaction-hmmm...is there a possibility that we as a culture will become averse to FWB's-enough so that they will be eradicated all together one day?

Archived