Before I ask her.....

hammer81

I just wanted to get your opinions on this.

I'm planning to ask a girl out from work. Someone I've liked for a long time (ages, even) and half asked out previously when she had a boyfriend. She's single at the moment and we get on really well so I thought why not have another go anyway, particularly as she's leaving next Wednesday.

My idea was to go up to her at an appropriate opportunity and say something along the lines of 'I'd like to take you out for a goodbye lunch'. Then, supposing she agrees to it and if we're getting on well and things are smooth enough, suggesting dinner another time.

One of my friends though says that this is a bad idea. He's from another school of thought, where you shouldn't tip-toe around, but instead ask a girl out in a way that she can't refuse. Something like 'I'm taking you out for dinner next week. Pick you up around 7.30'. He's of the view that girls like a man who knows what he wants and is confident and self assured enough in himself to go out and ask straight, rather than skirting around the issue when the girl knows with certainty that you like her.

Bearing in mind the above, I was just intrigued to know what your opinions are, particularly girls, of what the best idea is.

Thanks

do what you feel is confy aint no one else gonna do it but you their your lips not ours...what do you feel is comfy? for you to do?

if we say go up there and say

"hello i couldnt help but notice your elegant perfume gushing in the air smelling like sweet scented roses on the bay in the nighttime, it makes me want to ask you may i take-eth thee out for a goodbye lunch to honer thee in celebration of you endipulous standards on life"

you may say it like this

"hello i couldnt help but no your perfume was on the bay and i like to honor thee in celebration of the life of the nightwalkers"

which would make you look like a idiot.......

what im gettin at is, do whats comfortabel to you and roll with it.....yammssayin be yourself, have your own identity and ask her in the way you want.....

well it depends what kind of girl she is, if she is one of those woman who like typical domineering alpha males then the "I'll pick you up at 7" approach can be attractive. But its an acquired taste and some woman don't like it, I think your safer with just asking her in a confident manner you don't have to seem so confident that your sure she wont reject you. There is nothing wrong with just politely asking.

Don't go telling her you're taking her to dinner. It's direct, rude, and gives her no options.

I would go with lunch strategy and get her digits while you're at it. Lunch can be a casual thing, which can be a stepping stone for dinner, then more. But one step at a time. Also, pay attention to her body language and remember - it's not about what you want, it's about what she wants and how you make her feel.

Thanks guys, do you think I should text her at any point? Just as a bit of ice breaking/sensing the mood.

imma old school person who believes everything should be done in person......

but if you txt, text her and play games with her....txt these exact words

"i have a surprise for you"

she'll respond "OMG wht"

you text back "hehehehehheheehhe you'll find out soon enough"

she'll go crazy......hehehehehehehhee

then say u gotta leave and you'll be happy to tell her in 48 hours or so

do it do it........

Archived