I might be pregnant and so scared!

adidas7fire

Fair enough -- our stances differ depending on whether we consider omissions to be lies. I really do wish the best for this couple.

I've said it once and I'll say it again -- I LIKE when the gf slips the condom on me, its kind of sexy. I've never enjoyed sex any less with it on.

It's basically a fact that omissions can be lies - although we can disagree if in this case her omission was a lie. So, if your exclusive girlfriend/wife were to have sex with another man and she didn't tell you, would that be any more laudable than if you asked her if she had and she said no? Would you truly feel better if she said "well you didn't ask me if I had, so I didn't feel obligated to tell you."

this doesn't seem to be a lie to me. yeah it is an omission; but on a colossal scale. he is under the assumption that she is taking them so he feels a bit of relief when he gets it on.

and the having sex with other people thing, that isn't an omission, that is cheating.

WHY WHY WHY did you tell him you were on the pill when you were not??? Lying for a whole year! I think you should definitely fess up and discuss this with him. Get a pregnancy test. DON'T trap you bf into having a kid...that is so very wrong. A baby should be planned with love, or at least discussed beforehand.

It's a real lie about a very serious thing. It's very nearly a betrayal.

To the OP: Do you want to get pregnant? Also: there are a multiplicity of hormonal birth control methods that are just as effective as the pill without all the estrogen, which was causing your discomfort. Why did you not know this? Are you sure you didn't want to get pregnant?

It's a real lie about a very serious thing. It's very nearly a betrayal.

I totally agree.

To the OP: Do you want to get pregnant? Also: there are a multiplicity of hormonal birth control methods that are just as effective as the pill without all the estrogen, which was causing your discomfort. Why did you not know this? Are you sure you didn't want to get pregnant?

I would think that someone who was on the pill and then went off the pill and continued to have sex had some interest in getting pregnant, or she would have insisted on other methods as a back up.

anybody not trying to get pregnant SHOULD say to their partner, look, i'm getting off the pill cause this or that. then suggest an alternative. don't rely on pulling out or condoms. your chances increased by a lot by getting off and not telling him.

Archived