Worth a second attempt??

mysteryman

A wise man once said that if at first you dont succeed, then dont try sky diving. Well I wonder what that wise man would say to me about my situation? Ok here comes some paraphrasing because Im sure you dont want to be reading this all night. Theres a girl who ive barely known for a descent while ( around a year). Well we have a class this semester (the second class we've both been in) and we sit far away and never really talk in it because we're never up from our desks. We sit at an angle to where i can see her perfectly and she can see me perfectly and one of my best friends sits real close to her (basically facing her).

Here is where it starts to get interesting. I had at a time or two thought that the girl was staring at me but i just kind of blew it off. Anyhow my best friend informed a couple weeks ago that a week or two ago she had been staring in my direction and he asked what she was looking at. She replied my name and that I was easy on the eyes. And according to my friend, she stares at my direction all the time. Anyhow theres been a little craziness here and there afterwards.

So last week I opted to ask her out with some friends. She told me that she would have but that she had a friend up and was going to relaxe and thanked me for inviting her and all that. So heres the question. Do i try again or not? I mean ive been told no once and I dont wish to be a pest. I still believe she is interested because I saw her staring my way today just to give an example. And its kind of hard to stare at me, see its not like a desk, theres monitors and furniture in the way and we dont sit directly infront its like you have you turn your head a descent ammount to look. Im going to include a link for additional information incase your interested. (It does include one interesting story.

Anyhow thanks a lot, I do appreciate it

Mysterman

If at first you don't succeed... "try try again". Next time, maybe ask her out on a one-on-one date instead of a group thing. Remembering my early dating years (during the stone ages)..... I hated first dates as group thing.... especially if I was the "NEWBIE" in the group. Makes you feel like a bug under a scope??? ya know what I mean???

Sounds like the first time she had a good excuse. I would make the next invitation for something one on one. That should tell you something. But if she has a reason she can't that sounds acceptable, don't necessarily write her off entirely- people do actually get busy.

I still believe she is interested because I saw her staring my way today just to give an example. And its kind of hard to stare at me, see its not like a desk, theres monitors and furniture in the way and we dont sit directly infront its like you have you turn your head a descent ammount to look.

Anyhow thanks a lot, I do appreciate it

Mysterman

I fell for this trap when I was in High School. My friends told me that this really cute girl said I looked hot. No one asked her, she just said this to them. I took it as a sign she wanted a relationship so I asked her out. She said no. I was confused because she said I was hot, she was single, and I thought that if she said that she must be interested in me. I persisted.

I never got anywhere with this girl.

My point is, just because she says you are easy on the eyes does not in any way mean she is interested in going out with you. In fact, I'd say that her rejection of you is 10 times more telling than her comment of you being easy on the eyes.

Don't waste your time bro. Move on.

I think you should try one more time. If she said she had a friend visiting when you asked her out before why assume it`s just an excuse not to go out with you? It could have been, but it could just be the truth. If you don`t ask again you won`t know.

Looking in your direction doesn`t necessarily mean she`s interested, but it doesn`t mean she`s not either.

Good luck.

If at first you don't succeed... "try try again". Next time, maybe ask her out on a one-on-one date instead of a group thing. Remembering my early dating years (during the stone ages)..... I hated first dates as group thing.... especially if I was the "NEWBIE" in the group. Makes you feel like a bug under a scope??? ya know what I mean???

I think you should try one more time. If she said she had a friend visiting when you asked her out before why assume it`s just an excuse not to go out with you? It could have been, but it could just be the truth. If you don`t ask again you won`t know.

Looking in your direction doesn`t necessarily mean she`s interested, but it doesn`t mean she`s not either.

Good luck.

Forget the wise man. These wise women are right. But I would not recommend sky diving.

I'd say keep your options wide. Flirt with the other girls. Forget her and move on.

If she realises that you have a life she may change her mind about you, but if not don't worry about it.

The excuse that she gave you was a sure sign that she was not interested. If a girl is interested in a guy, there is no excuse that will prevent her from accepting a date. If there is, she will at least suggest another time.

Archived