Hi All,

As a few of you know, my ex dumped me for this fat, dumpy, married chick! I'm not just saying that to be mean - it's true. Would I feel better if she was beautiful? I don't know I just can't believe he chose her over me. The problem with NC in my case is that he lives accross from me in the apt. complex we live in. I try not to see him but yesterday I was out on my balcony and there they were walking up to his place. He yells over to me Stop looking over here! He has been really nasty and angry since the breakup and I have been so hurt. I don't even know this person anymore! Then, last weekend on St. Patty's Day I got a DWI. OMG I had to go to jail and stay overnight. It was a nightmare! I'm planning to move out of my apt cuz I just can't stand the pain of seeing him. Now I have to worry about paying a lawyer for the DWI. I am just praying and hoping that I can do both. I'm planning on moving April 28 if I can just hold on....

I guess I'm just asking for your prayers and support. My life has been so miserable the past 2 months and I'm soooo sick of it.

I completely understand Texasgirl. I live directly above my ex in our apartment building. She dumped me in early January, and the following weekend she already had a new guy (from another state, a LDR, quite different from what we had!). I have to walk past her door everytime i come down the steps. Its been about 2.5 months, but it still really hurts me. I really loved her. Its awful seeing his car in the parking lot on the weekends. She has called me a couple of times, but i havent returned them. I have sent a couple of texts, but that has pretty much been all the contact. I really would like to talk to her, but if she has another guy already, i dont know if i should. Just try and go about your own business at your apartment, thats what i've been doing. Amazingly we have not run into each other over the past 2 months, so that has been nice (she has been avoiding me i can tell). I know you feel miserable (i still feel very bad also), but hang in there, know that i'm in the same situation right there with you!

texas girl hang in there. i know things are not going well for you right now but things will turn around. take the bad situations and turn them into a learning process. look back and see what you could have done different and what you will start doing different. just remember that God never gives you more than you can handle even though it feels like that sometimes. my prayers are with you and you will come out of this better and stronger as long as you keep your faith.

Thanks everyone! Especially you Alaskaman. It's so good to hear that someone else is in a similar situation. I know exactly what you mean about seeing the new person's car in the parking lot. I have to see it daily and it still hurts. I'm moving next month no matter what. Even if I have to eat Ramen noodles for a month! Any chance you could move away?

Keep your chin up Texas Girl, and just consider this ... this woman your ex is with and him deserve each other and you deserve BETTER ! Everyone makes mistakes, you are going to come out of this smarter, stronger and some day find someone who treats you so much better.

Hey Texas, i'm glad to have the chance to talk with you about this. I've talked with many people, friends, family, but until you talk with someone in this particular situation, people can't truly understand. Seeing his car in the parking lot pisses me off, thats just something i have to deal with. But it has started to get a little better. As it will for you as well. Just remember this, take the HIGHER ROAD, be the BETTER PERSON. One day they will realize what exactly they lost, and as long as you take the high road now, it will make them feel really stupid later. I'm sure you treated your guy just as good as i treated my girl, and the day they look back and realize just how good they had it, will be the day when it doesnt even matter to us anymore (at least thats what i keep telling myself)! We can help each other deal with our situations!

I can't break my lease, but i think hers is up in a couple of months. So for now i'm just keeping to myself. I still feel the need to return her calls from earlier in the month, though. Does anybody think i should, especially given the living situation?

I wouldn't do it. She's got someone else. I think it's only going to hurt you and give you a smidgen of hope that she still wants you. What do you want to say to her? Do you want an apology or an explanation? I know how much you just want to say Why?!! But I think NC is best.

I know exactly what you mean about how nobody completely understands the situation. I'm glad I can chat with you! I treated my ex like gold - was there for him anytime he needed me. We never said an unkind word to each other for 15 months! Now he's been such an ***hole it's horrible to see someone change like that. I'm trying to take the Higher road but it's hard sometimes....

Hey Texas Girl. My ex broke up with me a little over a month ago. I know how you feel, I did something stupid on St Patty's Day as well. I was following your other posts about the singles groups. How is that going? I'm also here in Houston and I would like to know what other groups are there. Let me know. Thanks. Hang in there.

Thanks for the support guys! Well ReyMan I was at Sam's Boat on Richmond drinking pitchers of Green Beer of course! 95.4 the Buzz was hosting. It was really fun - I went by myself and met some nice people from California. Anyways I thought I was doing great driving home - it was still daylight for God's sakes! I ended up hitting 2 cars in the parking lot of my apartments and then pulled into my spot and turned the car off. Then this guy ran up to the car and said I saw you hit those 2 cars I'm calling the cops and that was that. The lawyer is going to cost $2625! She says I have a good case and that she might be able to get it dismissed! We'll see. Well I had to put the singles thing on hold. It costs $100 a month for membership dues! Well I called them still pretty upset (I was a wreck last week!) and they put my membership on hold until July 20. By that time I will have moved (I'm moving to the Montrose area - I hear there's lots of singles there!) and will be able to pay the dues.

Haha, I used to go to Sam's Boat in the Fountains area, and I just know going there would have gotten me in trouble especially on St. Patty's Day. Don't drink and drive folks. I had to do that after the new Buffalo Wild Wings opened up and I had trouble then.

Ouch on the membership dues! Maybe there are other things you can do besides that club? I'm trying to find new things to do, but I'm starting to go back to the gym. I had a membership, but I hadn't gone in months until lately. So maybe that would be a better use of membership fees...

Hey Reyman I know exactly what you mean. NO MORE. This is helll and I don't wish it on anyone. I've learned my lesson. No matter how many times you made it home there's gonna be that one time that you don't... I'm so scared now. All I will do is have drinks at home and not go anywhere! I know when I move to montrose I can walk to stuff and bring my doggie too - that will be fun. Have you ever heard of Leisure Learning? They have all sorts of clubs and things to do. One of their classes is all about 100 ways to meet singles in Houston. You might want to check it out...or you and me could go together?

Archived