the pill kills your sex drive?!?!!

EvaGina

link removed

I was reading about this last night... and it had my jaw on the floor...

Apparently the pill kills your sex drive!!!

Now, this should make perfect sense... except that I have been on the pill twice when I was dating My current bf, and I dont think I could ever turn down sex or not be "in the mood" with this man... If anything, my sex drive has SKYROCKETED!!!

I went on the combined pill with my ex, but after a week I went off again, I was too nasty on it.

anyways, opinions on pills and sex drives?

Mine went through the roof too.

Personally...I think it can go either way. You're not releasing an egg...but my theory is that your body thinks you're just about to, so you might as well get frreeeakAY, or that you just have, and so qu-est ce que le point de sex?

when we were reading about it last night, Macca got all big-headed and happy becuase my sex drive has gone mental!!

EGO!

yeah, I dno, were you on the combined pill or the progesterone pill?

I was on depo for ages, but I was so messed up around then I cant even remember what the sex was like.

it has different effects on different people: for me it didn't kill my sex drive, but it definitely lowered it significantly (something I didn't realise until I came off).

What i always wonder: is what your body does on the pill any indicator of what it will be like to be pregnant? Or is the hormone dosage so much lower that you can't even begin to compare?

The first month I was on the pill, my sex drive died. Before the pill I had a very, very high sex drive and it was so confusing to just have that disappear. After the second month, my sex drive has become more normal, but it's still not what it was (which I definitely prefer!)

^^Well, better normal than dead!!

I think mine is too high for my mister!

it has different effects on different people: for me it didn't kill my sex drive, but it definitely lowered it significantly (something I didn't realise until I came off).

What i always wonder: is what your body does on the pill any indicator of what it will be like to be pregnant? Or is the hormone dosage so much lower that you can't even begin to compare?

Reading around, apparently your sex drive permermently stays low, even after you are off it!!! WHAAAAAT?

also, there is a problem with women dating abusive men while on the pill, getting married, coming off the pill to have kids and realising they are with monsters!!

weird.

I was on the pill for about 3 years and my sex drive was rather low. It took a lot to get me turned on. I went off it after a break up and my sex drive skyrocketed within a month. I was horny like you would not believe for about 7 months. Sex was all that I could think about. After that I went back on the pill and now my sex drive is really low again. I mean, I'm on it because I don't want to get pregnant, yet I don't even want to have sex while I'm on it. It totally defeats the purpose.

That said, I know people who have been totally unaffected by it. I would change pills, but this is the one they recommend for people who have lowered sex drives on the pill...

link removed

^^^ scary... not from a particularily reputable souce tho

The report hadn't been released yet, and there are a lot of may be's, can be's and "up to six months"'s in there - not particularly conclusive, and this certainly hasn't been my experience after coming off the pill, or that of anyone I know...

Don't worry until you know there's something to worry about, and since your sex drive is high while on the pill E I don't think you have anything to wory about at all!

I am as horny as ever, though it does seem to take me longer to come then it used too. But can't say if that is the pill or not.

Once my doctor switched me to a different brand and as soon as I started taking it I because completely totally depressed about everything. Luckily I realized that I wasn't feeling normal and stopped taking it after a week or so.

But in the intermittant weeks before I started taking the old brand again I didn't notice that I came any faster.

Mine had no effect the first 4-5 years or so...then slowly, slowly, my sex drive waned, I had low grade depression and really bad anxiety. I did not even associate it with the pill until I went off it 5 years later.

I "returned to my normal" within the first few months. I thought more clearly, way less stressed...and good...and the sex drive came back fiercely. I know other women whom still suffer low sex drives, anxiety etc though after being off it for a long time.

I will never take hormonal birth control again of any variety.

Archived