Why even want them back? why contact?

My question is that people think that by disappearing from their exe's life they will make the exes come back. Why would you even want them back? They chose to not be with you for whatever reason. Is it your pride ego or something else that makes you hurt? (and this question is more for longer dating relationships) And if they do call? What if they just want to be friends? Will that be ok? I am fairly certain my ex and I will probably never be back together, and I don't want to have a "friend" like him b/c all he ever did is make me feel bad about myself. Anyone else care to share?

My question is that people think that by disappearing from their exe's life they will make the exes come back. Why would you even want them back? They chose to not be with you for whatever reason. Is it your pride ego or something else that makes you hurt? (and this question is more for longer dating relationships) And if they do call? What if they just want to be friends? Will that be ok? I am fairly certain my ex and I will probably never be back together, and I don't want to have a "friend" like him b/c all he ever did is make me feel bad about myself. Anyone else care to share?

i share the same exact sentiments as you. a month ago i wouldve done anything to get back with my ex, but now, since rational thinking and sanity have returned to my mind, i have concluded that i do not want to be with sommeone who does not want to be with me, nor do i care to be friends with her in the future. there is absolutely no point in being friends with someone who has been so cold to me in the last 2.5 months. her true colors came out, and that is fine. it has given me the closure i have needed and has actually helped me move on and come to the understanding that being friends will never be an option.

it's her loss. let her go back out to a world of being used and abused by guys. it is no longer my problem. i hope she has a wonderful life!

It's so hard not calling because when you first get out of a relationship your emotions are going everywhere. I know, because my girlfriend just broke up with me 2 weeks ago. I still have feelings for her and can't bear to think of her with another guy.

These 2 weeks have let me reflect though. Do I really want to get back with someone that doesn't want to be there for me? Hell no. Look at it as a positive thing and a way to start to get to know yourself better. There's so many people out there for you so don't sweat it. It'll take time but eventually you and I will get to this point.

this is horrible, you pretty much summed up my feelings for my ex..

"it's her loss. let her go back out to a world of being used and abused by guys. it is no longer my problem. i hope she has a wonderful life!"

nicely put!!

it was easy for me to come to that conclusion because she told me that i always cared from the first day we met and all the other guys treated her badly and never gave a crap.

she will learn her lesson. unlike all the other times i was there for her, this time i won't be. like i said- she's no longer my problem.

Archived