Today is the big day

I can't stop feeling nervous because today is the day I have to ask this one cute girl out. If I see her at lunch then I'll ask then. If not then I'll wait for her after school. Usually she walks with her friends, so it'll be a bit difficult to get her away from them. The pressure and nervousness is building up and its running through my body. This sort of feels like first day of school, hehe.

The thing is there's a 50/50 chance that I might have to leave town temporarily for a few weeks. So, I'm thinking if I don't ask her now then when I come back she might not be availabe anymore. I just want to find a good girl to settle down with and start a family with. My question is how do I calm down enough so I can be relaxed and confident when she's in front of me? Any help would be appreciated.

Usually people get nervous about things because we make things out to be way bigger and more important than they actually are. If you put things in perspective then you wont be as nervous. Whats the absolute worst thing that could happen when you ask her? She may say no. Oh well, then you go and find another cute girl and ask her out.

Good luck , I hope things go your way!

I agree with Joe... of course you're nervous! That's normal. Just don't make it out to be a bigger deal than it is. She says, "no"...then okay...what's the worst thing that could happen? I think you'll be fine. Jitters aren't death. They're normal. Regulate your breathing (don't stop doing that...people often do when they're nervous). And maybe act like she's a friend and that's what your intention is. To ask a friend out. You'll be fine....

Thanks everyone for your help. I wont forget your wise words. More and more I keep hearing about how it's not good to put a girl on the pedestal. If I treat her like any other girl then I should be fine huh, hehe. All I can do now is remain optimistic and hope for the best outcome.

• 5 weeks later...

I just want to find a good girl to settle down with and start a family with. My question is how do I calm down enough so I can be relaxed and confident when she's in front of me? Any help would be appreciated.

Don't think like this, it is a recipe for disaster. I think the same way and it is destructive. I've never understood dating for fun, I'm always looking for a 'partner'. THought I'd found her, been with a girl for two years - "she's the one" etc. - but last week we broke up and she's already with someone else. * * * *. Anyway, don't make my mistake. You don't even know this girl yet, don't convince yourself that this is going to last forever and ever.