what were your pregnancy symptoms

ReadyorNot

Hello All,

My husband and I are trying to conceive.. I have read some pregnancy books and know what the basic symptoms are... Just wondering what were your (or your gf/wife) symptoms were?

I am due for my period on March 3rd. I am not charting and would prefer not to, so I dont know when I ovulated... Basically I have mild cramping, and extreme gas and gas pains (sometimes like stabbing pains).. I have the slightest bit of nausea.. mostly when I think of food...Ive read that the first two are symptoms but Im not too convinced...

In 2001 I was pregnant for 9 weeks, but didnt find out until 7 weeks.. my ONLY symptom was insane cramping...

I have to say this as a disclaimer... If you want to get pregnant as much as I did, you will start to psychosomatically feel every symptom people here list. Every time after I ovulated, I'd start to read symptoms and then immediately start to experience them. Trying to conceive is a very long road indeed, especially if it doesn't happen right away. Concentrating on every twinge and ache is only going to make it longer. *hugs!*

That said... My only symptom was painfully sore boobs. I had some cramping too, but that's not normally indicative of pregnancy.

I hope this happens for you very very soon!

What paisley says is true. I wanted so badly to concieve my daughter who is now 10 weeks old that I thought I was pregnant many months and wasnt. I swore I was tired or craving stuff or any number of things... I could really get myself psyched up about it.

Having had three pregnancies though my first symptom was being very tired and my breasts got bigger. When I got pregnant with my two year old I got to thinking I wanted some green olives. (yuck) So I sat here at teh computer and before I knew it, I had ate half the jar. I took a test and sure enough, I was expecting...

I didn't find out I was pregnant until 8 weeks to the day... I was going for a routine papsmear... was having a chat to the doc at the clinic. We talked about my last period which was exactly the month beforehand - but was only light spotting... I was naive and hadn't even considered the possibility of pregnancy... whilst we sat there talking and awaiting a urine result, she says "well, you wn't be having your papsmear today darling, you're pregnant!" It was a total shock! So, that said, my only symptom to that point was a lighter period (which I might add later revealed itself as a severe inter-uerine haemorrage - but both bub and I came out of it OK) but yes, if I ever have had a scare about being pregnant - I imagine all these smptoms - the power of the mind is an amazing thing! But good luck and I hope you fall soon!

Believe it or not, we found out when I was just two weeks pregnant. I had a transvaginal ultrasound, and you couldn't even see the baby yet. It was still a ball full of cells.

Symptoms I had were major, major cramps. So much so that I thought if I ran to the restroom, I'd have quite the bloody mess down there. After about five days of cramping, my hubby convinced me to take a test. Got a faint positive, and finally decided to pay the clinic a visit.

One poster said their doctor said they werent having a papsmear because they were pregnant???? How come? My doctors office scheduled me for my pap in a few months and said if I happen to conceive before the appointment that will be great because I have to have a pap once I am pregnant anyway....

One poster said their doctor said they werent having a papsmear because they were pregnant???? How come? My doctors office scheduled me for my pap in a few months and said if I happen to conceive before the appointment that will be great because I have to have a pap once I am pregnant anyway....

Not sure. Maybe the doctor was being conservative and worried it could disturb the pregnancy. I also had my annual pap test at my first prenatal visit. Some docs just operate on different philosophies.

However, everything I've read on it said it's a safe test to have during pregnancy: link removed

My doctor also assured me it was safe.

Although for some women, a pap smear results in spotting- and that can be distressing during pregnancy. In my own experience, after having a previous miscarriage spotting made me paranoid. Even though I knew the pap test caused it, I was still a nervous wreck. So maybe that's why the doc did not do it in the other poster's case????????

BellaDonna

I had quite a few signs, but didn't realize them until I actually vomited in my mouth in a grocery store line up... while purchasing canned sardines and strawberry ice cream... yeah.

But other than that, boobs were extremly perky and sore. And I also felt extremely happy, beautiful and positive until the tiredness kicked in.

Good times.

Not sure. Maybe the doctor was being conservative and worried it could disturb the pregnancy. I also had my annual pap test at my first prenatal visit. Some docs just operate on different philosophies.

However, everything I've read on it said it's a safe test to have during pregnancy: link removed

My doctor also assured me it was safe.

Although for some women, a pap smear results in spotting- and that can be distressing during pregnancy. In my own experience, after having a previous miscarriage spotting made me paranoid. Even though I knew the pap test caused it, I was still a nervous wreck. So maybe that's why the doc did not do it in the other poster's case????????

BellaDonna[/quote

It was me who made had the doctor refuse the pap smear - I should have elaborated, I apologise... yes, she was just being wary - she said we could reschedule for a time after my first u/sound, just wanted to check that everything was okay before doing the smear (I thin it was the lack of symptoms that made her a little concerned) . Luckily, as it turned out I had major complications and any disruption to the vagina/uterus area caused me to bleed heavily. This is a very uncommon problem though - as Imentioned, I had an internal haematoma - and placenta acreta (the placenta was ingrown in the uterine wall).

Some more skilled doc's feel confident with continuing a smear during pregnancy, some dson't, I think it's a matter of opinion.