One for the women.

OK girls, i have a date this sunday with the cutest guy ever!!!!

One problem - i have a feeling that day is going to be the beginning of that dreaded time of the month

I don't want it to spoil the day, but i get really bad stomach cramps and i'll feel like utter crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas as to what will help me feel better?

Thanks girls

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Two paracetemol and two ibuprofen (nurofen) every four hours - you can take the two together, and the combined strength will knock it on the head. Make sureyou take them BEFORE the pains come back as well, because if you're like me it takes about an hour to kick in.

I hate period pains - can feel like you're dying!

I use Aleve for my cramps, but if you have a sensitive stomach, they can be a little rough on it. However, they've always been the best pain reliever for me for cramps, as they don't leave me feeling groggy and out of it, plus they work.

I've also noticed when I exercise a lot for several days, even a week before my period, the cramps are nowhere near as bad. Also, take vitamins leading up to your period and make sure you get lots of potassium.

Make sureyou take them BEFORE the pains come back as well, because if you're like me it takes about an hour to kick in.

Yep, this is exactly what my doctor says (and I have special extra-strength pills for my cramps). Start to take the meds as *soon* as you feel the cramps start, the 'background' meds in your system help the subsequent medication to work better.