signs of attraction

Caterina

I was wondering about subtle signs when it comes to attraction.

What if a guy smiles at you and always starts up a conversation with you when you see him? What if he says that you're cool?

Or

What if a guy always seems to be close to you, but never actually speaks with you. If there is a company dinner, he sits within vicinity. This one guy lingered over a seat near me but then instead sat very close. Is this a sign of shyness or disinterest or just a lack of noticing you?

What do you think of these signs:

He'll look at you, until you turn around, then boom, he's looking the other way.

You may 'feel' like he's watching you - but he's hard to catch at it

He may do something physical - like grab you in a play way, poke you, play with your hair...

(Remember when you were really young and the guy you liked punched you or tackled you?)

He may be working really hard to pay attention to you, but doesn't quite know how image removed He may ask a friend of yours about you - he'll say it's just for "friend of mine" that wants to know about you.

He talks to everybody else - but when you're around he turns silent, or chokes up.

You seem to accidentally bump into him a lot of different places.

He may not say a word to you, but he shows up in the same line, at the same movie, etc.

He'll give you a little smile from accross the room, but if you get near, he won't look up.

chill out, look at your posts. most people are sleeping.

anyways, i think that is a sign he likes you. i think he is shy. why don't you act on it an find out?

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

i think both of these are just friendly. i will sit by someone who has a friendly looking face. that has nothing to do with attractiveness or me wanting to get with them. i usually say hi to women i really want to get to know. otherwise, just a smile is simple and nice. nothing to is usually though. i think i smile differently when i want a woman to acknowledge it. looking away could be shy, but it could also mean that they don't want to give too much away and have the other person think they are trying to get somewhere.

in a business situation i would avoid all hitting on and trying to get anywhere with anyone. it's not professional and most businesses frown on it. this guy might get quiet when you are around because he doesn't want you knowing any non-business/personal information about him. i dunno. it's hard to say.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

i choose not to. just because if things go sour, you have to see that person all of the time. it could get nasty too. lose your job for a hookup? not worth it to me. maybe if the person was leaving the business, you could take it further. that is just how i see it. 75% of office romances huh? i wonder how many of those were frowned upon working out or not. or what about the 25%? i wonder what happened to them. i've never seen a statistic on that, but i thin 75% is way too high.

But what if you fall in love? I mean come on...what if they're really special. I am not gonna let something like my job stop me from having the possible love of my life.

Moreso, it just seems like a waste of oppurtunity. I mean, you already at least have some common interests if they work at the same place...

More importantly, though, what if he's just plain hot? heh

Why do so many people say that? You know, they say that around 75% of marriages resulted from workplace romances.

I don't know if that statistic is accurate. I imagine quite a few romances may stem from a workplace endeavor, but not 75%. That seems a bit high. I've read for school all sorts of things about how people meet. It seems most people get together through friends, family - set ups, I presume - school, religious/community activites, and yes work also. I can't see any other way people would meet, unless you count online dating.

As for signs from men, uhh, we're usually pretty slow to use signals. A guy will probably just ask a girl out if he likes her, or he may be really rude, smarmy and cocky if he wants to create tension between them.

keep it as discrete as possible though. office romances are very tricky. possible love? are you that desperate to find a mate? you shouldn't be thinking about love with this person yet. you try to hard. you haven't even seen them outside of work. that's just nuts to me.

keep it as discrete as possible though. office romances are very tricky. possible love? are you that desperate to find a mate? you shouldn't be thinking about love with this person yet. you try to hard. you haven't even seen them outside of work. that's just nuts to me.

I wasn't talking about myself. I was speaking hypothetically.