Long conversations on the phone

I met this guy that I've really come to like about 3 months ago. We're not dating yet - still in the friend mode. But we now have long discussions on the phone where we talk about everything. We share ideas, our likes and dislikes, our history, hopes and fears.

Is it a good idea to talk for hours on the phone with a guy? Will he get to know me too fast? Will he lose interest in me? Does the fact that I can discuss almost anything with him mean we may just be better off being friends?

It can go both ways - you noted the good points and some of the bad. Put it this way - if you want him to ask you out, making yourself so available to talk by phone doesn't increase his motivation to ask you out. Why not limit the conversations to 15 minutes tops and say "wow, I am really enjoying this conversation but I have to run now" (not his business to where) - so if he wants to continue the conversation he has to ask to see you in person. Or of course you could say "I'm really enjoying this conversation - I have to go now but I'm free for lunch tomorrow to continue - you?"

For me, I found that the longer I talk with someone, the more I realize a connection is there. I don't know how it is for other guys, but being able to have deep conversations is a definite signal of something more. I would probably ask to continue it somewhere more personal after that, but that's just me.