I guess this is NC day 1...the dumpee

Man, does it suck to have your heart broken. Sucks, sucks,sucks.

Had a horrible night's sleep, if one could call that sleep at all. Decided that to do the NC thing since in my last relationship I didn't do it and it completely backfired on me (shoulda listened to you guys then!).

Story in short: relationship of two and a half years, he decided that his feelings had changed towards me, doesn't think he's good enough (yadda, yadda, yadda) and doesn't think things can get back to the way they were. ?!?

I guess I can take some comfort in the fact that I was willing to put in the effort to make it work and not ready to just give up.

Anyway, having a bit of a hard time now and decided that I'll post when the need to contact him arises instead of actually contacting him. Although, I won't ignore him if he contacts me- that seems kinda petty.

But hurting, someone out there please say something nice and constructive please!

Vimora

I'm sorry Vimora. Breaking up indeed sucks, but so does breaking your leg, breaking your nose, etc. Pain is pain. And with pain comes healing.

Stick to your guns sweetie. If he contacts you, don't jump at the chance to answer. You'll feel those butterflies, and not know what to say, how to react. I suggest waiting a couple hours to call back. Don't let him know you're sitting around waiting for him to call.

I myself am on day 10-11 of NC. It's hard somedays, and then there's days I barely think of her. It gives you a chance to deal with your own feelings, aside from his, or your feelings intertwined.

Right now what is important, is YOU. Don't forget that. Stay strong, and as hard as it is right now, try being positive hun.

• Like 1

So even though I'm the laziest person in the world, I decided moping at home wasn't going to do me any good (especially whenI broke down in the shower- Hey! at least I haven't been reduced to not cleaning myself!! silver lining...) So I went to school, it's supposed to be my spring break but I went to school for a midterm review session. (three midterms in a row next week).

At least while I'm sitting in a public place, if the waterworks starts, I can quickly get ahold of myself.

Admittedly, I think I check my e-mail 5 times today, and did log into MSN. But made no attempt to talk to him (even tho he was online). Yay me?

It's technically still day 1 NC since I wrote the entry in the early morning hours.

Gonna be a long day, someone is supposed to come get me soon. Don't wanna be alone today- need the chatter of a good friend.

Thanks for the supportive comments GQ- I know rationally that you are right so I don't think I'll do anything (remembering last relationship non-NC backfire).

It hurts bad though.

Vimora

day one was the worst day of my life.

atleast now i am at the point where i just hate her and i hope every bad thing in the world happens to her LOL.

It may have been the worst day of my life as well.

You hear it in all the movies, books etc that a broken heart is the worst, but you never really know until it happens to you just how bad it really is.

I've had my heart majorly broken at least four times I think in my life -

Actually well it doesn't get easier as such, but I think as you learn, you learn how to kind of defend yourself a bit more, and cope with it. I suppose your logic and higher brain learns stuff and you just become hardened.

Also as I have come to learn more about relationships, I have understood each heartbreak slightly better. It helps.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong Kate111, I have done my fair share of wailing- especially yesterday with the dumping happened. My heart felt like it was breaking to pieces. Then today I broke down in the shower (at least I showered...) but went to school anyway 'cause I knew that was the smart thing to do (and I'm on spring break). Anyway, I posted in a couple of places here today and gotten some really helpful e-mails from people in this forum.

Bumped into some old friends by accident today and they were chalk-full of amazing advice. Spent the evening with a friend eating and cooking and watching T.V, and studying.

Then I watched "the secret" movie that was recommended on one of the post and felt really better after. One hour to go and I'll be heading into day 2 of NC. sigh...yay me...sigh. Still hurts bad but MIND OVER MATTER!! GRRRRR!!!!

Don't get me wrong Kate111, I have done my fair share of wailing- especially yesterday with the dumping happened. My heart felt like it was breaking to pieces. Then today I broke down in the shower (at least I showered...) but went to school anyway 'cause I knew that was the smart thing to do (and I'm on spring break). Anyway, I posted in a couple of places here today and gotten some really helpful e-mails from people in this forum.

Bumped into some old friends by accident today and they were chalk-full of amazing advice. Spent the evening with a friend eating and cooking and watching T.V, and studying.

Then I watched "the secret" movie that was recommended on one of the post and felt really better after. One hour to go and I'll be heading into day 2 of NC. sigh...yay me...sigh. Still hurts bad but MIND OVER MATTER!! GRRRRR!!!!

It may have been the worst day of my life as well.

You hear it in all the movies, books etc that a broken heart is the worst, but you never really know until it happens to you just how bad it really is.

yea i know. i am 25 yrs old, but this is the first time my heart has ever been broken.

when this happened to my friends in the past, i was very quick to say "you'll be ok...just get over it."

it is one of those things that you unfortunately have to experience to understand.

it really is the worst feeling ever in the world.

on a side note, the gym has been helping a lot and the 45 pounds i gained during the relationship with the ex are coming off very easily LOL.

i recommend the gym to anyone going through this. you feel so much better when you start going.

True, this is the best weight loss regime I have found to work, lol. Last break-up, I got so skinny (and I was eating a lot) from sadness and working out that my mom commented at one point that I was starting to look like a I was going through famine. All my clothes became really loose.

Then met the current ex, stayed slender but put back some meat on the bones.

Man, nighttime is hardest...