Went to semi-formal dance and my friends kind of ditched me...

Let me explain the full context. So tonight (or now more like yesterday night) I went to a semi-formal dance. I went solo (im a guy) but with some girl and guy friends, some brought their boyfriends/girlfriends and the other 3 girls went solo. So i was thinking we'd have fun just dancing, but when the dancing started they didn't want to go so I went in with a guy friend and joined into some groups on the floor. Later the 4 girls (who were at my table) came onto the dance floor and i joined them for like 2 min and then they moved away, so i go around a bit and then join them again and they kind of just keep to themselves in a circle of 4 ppl and at that point I was really pissed so I just went to dance with other people that I knew. It really pissed me off because I thought I'd have a good time dancing with them. ALTHOUGH, I did have a good time dancing with the other people I just can't seem to get this out of my head. I feel like they were so selfish and just ignored me? I don't know do girls tend to cluster up like that on the dance floor? OR what was it ....this is mostly to vent because I feel, I don't know but like betrayed because I only came to the semi-formal because they're (these solo girls) like "ooo you should come to semi etc....etc..." so I came.

You came alone, the effect of this is that you are alone. You know they might be friends in your eyes, but i doubt they consider that vice versa to be so.

Look , we live in a world that is filled with darkness and hatred, to think that other people should make you happy = false. Although you should be a loving and helping person, its actually the meaning of life to be 100% loving everything and everyone , you shouldn't expect other people to understand this or commit to this.

Besides maby its even more obvious that 'they can't dance' , for that reason many people don't dance, or maby are more interested in simply 'chatting' and dating in that way.

but because you went alone, i don't think its all that amazing that you were left out, if you'd go out with 12 friends 'arranged' then you could stand in the group and talk, and in a case they then wouldn't dance you could go up to the group and ask them to join. If they refuse you could ask them why, that would be better then just standing from a distance and considering them selfish, look

Do they have a crystal ball to see your intentions?Nope, so make your intentions clear.