Need feedback on girl I met at coffee place

Orlander

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, she called me tonight and we talked for about an hour. She apologized for cancelling on me on Sunday and not getting back to me until now. She said her life is hectic and that she is freshly out of a relationship. She is seeing how things go here in Orlando but might move back to Jacksonville in a few months if things dont go well.

I also found out that she is about 22 years old. Yikes!! I know. I really dont think she knows how old I am (34 in case you are wondering

She did say she wants to take things slowly and is looking to be friends for the time being. You know what? I'm fine with that because I dont want to jump into anything with someone who might be having issues with getting over a past relationship. I'm not Rebound Guy! There were some red flags during the conversation for sure, but I had a good time and she seemed very open to talking about whatever and also laughed a good bit.

We dont have any definite plans but I am taking her out when we have more time and things settle down after her move this weekend. She is fine with me calling and emailing. I plan on emailing her tomorrow and then maybe calling her Sunday evening.

Who knows what will happen. I dig this chick but have no idea how things will work. She is very young and her wounds are still fresh. I dont think her ex is entirely out of the picture yet either. I'm just going to sit back and see what happens.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I'll keep lookin and tryin elsewhere!!

Orlander

Thanks guys. Yeah, we just met so I rather enjoyed talking to her for the hour. I ended the conversation. I'm ok with being friends because I know there is interest there and to be honest I am pretty confident I can turn that friendship into more if I want. I just know she isnt ready and I dont want to involve myself with someone who isnt prepared to give 100% of herself to me.

Orlander

Keep the emails and calls to a minimum, too much of them leads to too few dates.

However, while I have no objections or criticism of it, know that you might be below the limits of respectability dating a woman so much younger. I've been told the general rules of respectability are to take his age, divide it in half and add seven. So for a guy who is 34, (34/2) + 7 = 17 + 7 = 24. However, you laid eyes on a young cutie and got her to go out with you. You can get another one, if you can get her.

you should offer to take her out sometime on the town. make sure she brings some friends. hehe.

Yeah, that's a good angle. I am actually doing that with another woman I met at the Speed Dating event i went to last month. I'm hanging out with her next week along with her friends. There is no love connection there, but maybe with one of her friends there will be. You never know.

Who knows...this is all worth a try, ya know.

Orlander

• 1 month later...

Update!!!

I went out with her the night before last. We really havent been talking much. I stopped talking to her and stopped IMing her over the past month. She emailed me recently telling me we should "catch up". So, I suggested that I take her out for dinner.

We went to dinner and had a nice time. She said she was staying in town now and things were definitely over between her and the ex. She laughed at my jokes and gave me the genuine impression that she was interested in me. She added me as a friend on myspace and so I know she knows how old I am and she seems to be fine with the 13 year age difference.

I am taking her out next week. I would this weekend but I am currently out of town. I like her but am not sure she is right for me. I figure I will give it one more date to see how things go. On the last date we gave each other kisses on the sides of each other's mouths while we hugged each other tightly. I know there is interest there.

Just thought I would update.

Orlander

Orlander,

You had a good date, with a woman you are not too sure about. it was good enough that you want a second one, but not so good that you think there is a real future.

In addition to that, she is out of a recent relationship, and you could be putting yourself in the position to be a rebound guy.

Either way, don't look for too much until you are sure you want it, and keep seeing her, maybe less frequently, until you know one way or another. This sounds to me like a good situation for some infrequent dating, and nothing serious. And when soemthing worth being serious comes along, go with that one.