difference between eye contact and looking

MikeyD

i have always encountered some girls that look eye me, like eye contact but one thing i have always wondered is if its just like looking around and just happen to get eye contact with me or is she giving me eye contact cuz they like me or think im attractive or w/e. Like i dunno wat it is about girls in NYC but for me ive never had a girl give me eye contact and have like some obvious flirting thing along with it (licking lips, playing with hair, stuff like that). So my question is how can i tell the difference between eye contact cuz she's attracted or eye contact because shes lookin around and happened to look at me?

I don't think you'll ever get the licking lips, playing with hair, etc. I WISH it was that easy, lol. Maybe a drunk girl at a party, but girls usually aren't that forward.

How I can tell the difference is if the girl is interested and we make eye contact, she'll either look away fast or keep looking and smile.

Well it depends on context. If you're giving a speech, she's probably just paying attention. If you're at a club and she looks down and then looks back at you, then she's probably interested. If she looks away, but instead looks to her side or kind of looks off into the distance, then she's probably just looking around.

Maybe the next time you catch a girl staring at you, you should smile at her? I think her reaction to that will be a better indication of her interest.

I don't know if this is one of those things you'd consider obvious. If I was looking at someone and we made eye contact, I would instantly look away, then look back and hold their gaze for slightly longer. If I'm looking around andhappen to make eye contact I don't hold their gaze, but I don't immediately shift it either. Just carry on looking round, and I don't look back.

heres a little funny story about eye contact.. it was the first week of the new semester here at school... and there was this REALLY cute girl in one of my classes.... and we just talked briefly at the beginging.. nothing serious....

Well, im grabbing lunch with some friends, and I see her there... well, after a couple mins i swear she couldnt take her eyes off me.... and i was like... wow, this is great, and i was all flattered and knew that i was going to try to make something happen next time i had a chance to talk to her....

Well, as I'm going to buy my lunch, I realize her boyfriend was behind me in line the entire time lol, so ya, I don't really know if that answers your question, but sometimes you never know why they are looking in your general direction

Nice story Mav... (eek)

Things like eye contact and body language can be so difficult to "read" sometimes.

Now, a scowl might be easier to take meaning from.

If it's from accross the room... could just be coincedence...

Move a little closer... change the side of the room your on.

Do they persist?

Jeff

How I can tell the difference is if the girl is interested and we make eye contact, she'll either look away fast or keep looking and smile.

man i would LOVE for a girl to actually smile, i NEVEEEEER get that, honestly thats y i be confused wether its just lookin or actually interested.

is there a way to like "smoke them out" if they like u or not? Like if they give u eye contact and like not smiling at u, licking lips, playing with hair, etc. is there like a way to like smoke out their sometimes cold look. Like have them break and maybe smile at u if they like u or lick they lips or play with they hair and stuff, anybody know?

is there a way to like "smoke them out" if they like u or not? Like if they give u eye contact and like not smiling at u, licking lips, playing with hair, etc. is there like a way to like smoke out their sometimes cold look. Like have them break and maybe smile at u if they like u or lick they lips or play with they hair and stuff, anybody know?

you posted that same post earlier in the thread, and i STILL don't know what you're asking

Neither do I. I guess maybe he wants a sign from the girl to show that she's interested in him and is not just looking at him.

If that's what you're asking MikeyD then I think you can see it in her eyes. They will sort of light up for an instant. a good technique is to pretend you are looking at something else while you check her out from the corner of yur eyes. If she looks at you more than once (in a curious/inquisitive way) then its game on.

LOL well lemme rephrase it (yes i know im a confusing person lol). Alright this is wat i meant. The girls i come accross, like they never (or to me atleast) have showed any interest in a guy by eye contact even if they do indeed like them. So wat i meant by that is, is there a way to like make them crack and have them do something thats obvious sign of attraction i.e lickin lips, blushin, playin with hair, etc

hmmm.... sadly there are no jedi mind tricks in the land of flirtation........

These "obvious" signs of attraction really dont exist in the real world.... you might run accross ONE girl (if you're lucky) who will put herself out there like that.....

In my experience girls just dont blush on command or anything...

The only thing you can do to figure out if they are attracted to you is to TALK TO THEM!!! ya, i know, Scary~

But the truth is that by looking at someone you can only tell so much.... You HAVE to communicate with them... that will mean being rejected potentially, which seems to be something you are trying to avoid, but sadly its inevitable...

If i just judged if someone liked me or not by how they looked at me... I could think that every girl at this school wants to have sex with me.. and im pretty sure thats not the case (I'll get back to you on that though)