if you like someone, its a sure sign they don't like you

Why is it that so many of us have the issue of dealing with irony of having someone like us that we aren't interested in and being interested in someone that isn't interested in us? The way I see it, if you like a guy- its a sure sign he doesn't like you. If you wonder what he's thinking about - its a sure sign it isn't about you. Don't you agree?

I've said that before... I don't become interested unless he showed an indication of interest...but I think its circular. We think that he has shown interest because its what we want to see.

Anyhow, I'm sure a lot of people have felt this way. I don't want to see the ones who haven't.

I've said that before... I don't become interested unless he showed an indication of interest...but I think its circular. We think that he has shown interest because its what we want to see.

Anyhow, I'm sure a lot of people have felt this way. I don't want to see the ones who haven't.

Of course I have felt like that before "WHY DOESNT ANYONE DECENT LIKE ME!!!" I have felt it A LOT!!!

But its just negative thinking

Its funny, the ones I think I like, dont like me... I get to talking to them, they start to like me but I decide I dont like them anymore

its only the ones I have a strong, mutual connection with that go anywhere

I don't know that I've ever had a crush on someone that didn't end up going somewhere.. Well, not since I was a young teen anyway. And even then, that was back when I was too afraid to talk to someone I was interested in.

Since I've grown some and matured some.. I don't get a crush on someone purely off their looks or something funny I happen to over hear them say. It takes a little more than that now as I need to know someone before I become interested in them.

I agree with you though, I believe it IS somethng circular and it's for that very reason that I can't relate. And I can't quite put my finger on who became interested first in any of my relationships.. It was always something instantly mutual or something of the sorts.

I HAVE however felt at times that nobody was interested in me. But this was also at a time when I wasn't interested in anyone in particular, just interested in being interested. Hmm..

I guess I'm just not a fan of that unrequitted love sort of feeling. Maybe I move on before I've even registered my own interest.

Why is it that so many of us have the issue of dealing with irony of having someone like us that we aren't interested in and being interested in someone that isn't interested in us?

I have no idea why, but I've certainly experienced this. It happened over and over, and then one day, I realized I liked someone who liked me back. I guess for some of us it just takes awhile to find that person.

ok i can agree. the last three guys that asked me out to pursue a relationship i totally was just interested in as a friend. and every guy friend i've ever liked romantically doesn't seem to even second-glance me. oh the joy of trying to find a relationship. i'm sure we will all break out of the cycle soon !

The harder it is for you to get something the more likely you are to want it. People want things that are hard to obtain. Look at gold watches, necklaces, and jewelry...there are way stronger and better looking metals than gold out there... but people want gold because it's rare and hard to obtain.

That statement sums it up for me the last 2 years..

Whole lot of dating people I don't have much interest, chemistry, or connection with...Still give them a chace and go out but nothing...

Of course the people I am really interested in have no interest in me...