Chubby White Girls

I am in a similar situation with the guy ive been dating almost a month now. In one breath hes going on about how sexy i am and in the next he'll make a comment about my big butt. His hands are on me at all times so he finds me attractive and im by far not the heaviest woman he's dated. Still I wish he'd just treat me like what I am..a normal sized woman with a booty!

I've not had that situation per say, but my guy friends are all going on about women in front of me saying all these horrible things about being over weight and such. I'm size 14/16, overweight and short, I hear all the crap they say and its like "AM I INVISIBLE", do they realize they are insulting me by insulting the girl that walks by with the same shape? I call them on it and the immediately get defense, "Its not about you" "You don't look like that", and on and on. I have a mirror, I also have two eyes, I know what I look like and I know exactly what they are talking about. Maybe people need to get off the whole body typing as a judge of a persons worth...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once declined a second date with a "gorgeous" "great catch on paper" type of guy because, among a few other reasons, he said he liked petite women (I am) because of "how they fit in my arms." Blech.

I become quite offended anytime I hear a guy talking like this, or making any sort of comment about a woman's weight. For some reason, they can't understand why. They think I should be please to belong to the thin club. I plan to be a happy, chubby lady one day (after popping out several children) and the last thing I need is a guy who's going to be grossed out by that.

I've observed that chubby white girls are popular with Mexican guys in my area. Sometimes with black guys too.

One of my best friends (before he moved away) was a black guy and he had a thing for chubby white girls and shapely Asian girls. Well, I can relate to the second half of that anyway.

I have several Mexican friends and they all prefer chubby women. One is married to a chubby Mexican woman. The others are either married or dating chubby white women.

My sister is a chubby white gal. She used to teach English at the local college. One of her specialties was teaching English to non English speakers, which was mostly Mexicans, but also some Asians.

She was not accustomed to guys hitting on her because most white guys aren't into chubby white gals. However, as a young teacher age 25, yet looking like she was 17 or 18, she was suddenly uber popular at school and her Mexican students were hitting on her like crazy. She thought the Asian guys liked her too, but were shy about it. She told most of those guys that she can't date students, except the one guy she liked she told she can't date a student while he's in her class, but if he'd ask her again after the quarter ended, then she'd could.

As soon as that quarter was over and he wasn't going to be in her classes anymore, they started dating. They eventually got married. That was years ago. They're still married, happy, and have a little girl.

Here's the funny parts, to me anyway. One time I was out with my brother in law and we did a little girl watching just to compare our tastes. So I'm like, OK, point out a woman you find attractive. He draws my attention to a chubby white, blonde woman, who was whiter than I am (more pale). I said, "You like that look???" He was very enthusiastic about liking it. He loved that look. OK. He didn't like any women I was attracted to. All the ones I liked (Asian, Mexican, darker white gals, lighter African American gals) were all to dark for his tastes, and not heavy enough. I think I have excellent taste in women, but he doesn't think so. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

The lucky thing for me and my brother in law is that our tastes seem to be compatible with the women who tend to like us. i.e. - we have a chance. Well he's taken now. I have a chance. It would suck to be attracted to a type woman who never returned it.

To each his own. The interesting and perplexing thing about Puff.Dragon's tastes is the disparity. The two things you like have no similarities to each other that I can see. My tastes are consistant. Oh well, to each his own.

However, it might also behoove you to pay attention what types women find you attractive and then adjust your tastes accordingly, if you can.

I like chubby white girls, why won't they like me back? Is it because I'm not chubby?

I also like skinny tall korean girls but they don't like me either.

Just because a woman isn't a size 2 doesn't necessarily make them chubby. I am glad to see the fashion world turn away the anorexic girls for more normal sized. Maybe society will realize that chubby is really the norm and not the other way around.

I become quite offended anytime I hear a guy talking like this, or making any sort of comment about a woman's weight. For some reason, they can't understand why. They think I should be please to belong to the thin club. I plan to be a happy, chubby lady one day (after popping out several children) and the last thing I need is a guy who's going to be grossed out by that.

A classic example to men why compliments to a woman's looks should be general and not specific. i.e. - you're beautiful is probably good, but you're beautiful because x, y, z is likely to offend. For some reason women often get really offended by overly specific compliments to their appearance.

In fact, overly specific compliments are often considered rude. For example, "nice boobs" or "nice butt" are very specific compliments and have a good chance of being considered rude and offensive. Apparently being called "thin" can be added to the list of overly specific ones.

Most women seem to prefer their compliments vague and general. Even those who don't mind a specific compliment still like the vague ones. The vague ones are considered polite. Your're beautiful. You're pretty, etc. Vague compliments are safe, polite, and classic.

It depends on the context. If you are just getting to know a woman, you wouldn't want to say, "I just love your big boobs". If she's your girlfriend, compliment away!

True enough. I meant just getting to know someone. However, after you do know them, isn't there still some risk? What if a guy you knew well complimented you on being skinny?

Before anyone get's to torqued up about my use of the word chubby, which is a perfectly fine word, let me say that I'm a little bit chubby myself.

Puff.Dragon, you can't get away with using that word without catching some flak because you're in to good physical condition to get a free pass on that.

They'll probably let me get away with it, since I'm a little chubby myself.

True enough. I meant just getting to know someone. However, after you do know them, isn't there still some risk? What if a guy you knew well complimented you on being skinny?

I would rather than he compliment me on something that it timeless - my eyes, my smile, my sexy feet! Because eventually I'll reach a point where my breasts will sag and my love handles will grow exponentially and I need to know that he's still going to adore my body. If a guy seems especially focused on the fact that I'm thin, then I might be afraid he'd leave me for a hot, young woman after I've dedicated my life to him. No thank you.

Life isn't fair, but us guys do catch a break on looks. Women like me better right now slightly chubby and 1/3 bald than they did when I was younger, had a full head of blonde hair, and muscles. Go figure.

Actually, why is that? It's a mystery to me. I think I was better looking then, but women either don't think so, or don't care. Maybe it's because I'm better at conversation now?

I can't speak for all women. I'm sure there are lots of women out there who would love it.

personally, I'm more turned on when a guy notices, and enjoys, my imperfections. The way some guys compliment you, it's like they're really saying, "Wow, you're the closest I've ever gotten to a victoria's secret model". But who said I wanted to look like a victoria's secret model anyway?

My bf used to comment on how tiny I was. It didn't bother me, but there were alot of things he could comment on to make me feel more flattered. I like it alot better now that he calls me his pot-belly pig.

"Wow, you're the closest I've ever gotten to a victoria's secret model". But who said I wanted to look like a victoria's secret model anyway?

I would be insulted if I was compare to them, I happen to find the rib counting looks very unhealthy. Its down right hard on my eyes to see anyones ribs and for a whole catalog, yikes, I like their undies but if I could find a different source that had the same stuff I'd go there. I don't like their models at all. (and none of them seem to be able to close their mouths)

If I'm seeing ribs, then to skinny. However, I didn't think those VC models where that thin. I thought they run more to the shapely. Have I not been paying close enough attention? Runway fashion models are way to skinny.

I agree with the part about run-way models. If they starve themselves to be that way, I wish they'd stop! If not, however, don't revile them... because it ain't their fault they have fast metabolism!

I agree with the part about run-way models. If they starve themselves to be that way, I wish they'd stop! If not, however, don't revile them... because it ain't their fault they have fast metabolism!

I know someone who was skinny for metabolic reasons, she was 88lbs dripping wet and she hated being like that. Run-way models are skinny because they have weigh ins and measuring at photo shoots.

I know someone who was skinny for metabolic reasons, she was 88lbs dripping wet and she hated being like that. Run-way models are skinny because they have weigh ins and measuring at photo shoots.

Then I completely agree that they need to stop that nonsense. It's far from attractive, in my sight.

Ok you are right models aren't made skinny for men but men like it that way to. Well not all of them but quite alot.

I wish i could tell you why the don't but have you ever thought it has nothing to do with the way you look and everything to do with your personality. Just you know a guess. Often chubby girls feel bad enough about themselves without people pointing it out wether they like it or not. I'm not saying every chubby girl would feel insulted but i think alot would. So be careful with your wording maybe.