I've liked this girl for quite some time, and thanks to the summer break, we've recently been hanging out pretty frequently, just the two of us (compared to last year, when we were both busy and rarely caught up over the entire year).

There's been more messaging and SMS'ing than ever before so I feel like I've definitely got a foot in her life now as opposed to before, when I still felt like an acquaintance. Our get-togethers are still much like friends though - no holding hands, hugging, etc. to speak of. But they're sooo close to being dates: dinners and movies, shopping, beach at sunset - all just the two of us.

I think she knows I like her, and she's told me she likes me too during an IM conversation, but is still too fainthearted and insecure to be sure about it being the same kind of like I have for her.

I'd gotten her a pretty good gift for Xmas last year, so now I wanna follow it up and get her something for Valentine's Day, but I'm not sure what. It can't be too dramatic, just something simple which will let her know for certain how I feel for her, without it being pushy or confronting. She's the type who loves things cute and quaint, by the way.

Any suggestions?