What is your occupation?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks every one for the compliments! I dont usually show many people my personal work so its nice to hear feedback from you. I took my stuff off this thread cause I felt it wasa distraction to the original question. If anyone else wants to see it you can send me a message.

Do you watch Deal or No Deal? I feel sorry for the banker. Why? Cause I'm one I work in a large Canadian bank, but I'm just one of administration peons, work in small business loans and send out loads of emails to my clients. Kinda ended up here because they were the only business willing to hire a deaf employee. "Phone? No, I can't use one, but your posting said nothing about using a phone. ....I understand" (Jerk...) Those other companies didn't know what they were missing though, since I'm one of the best employees in my department (employee of the quarter twice out of 200 people!). Its a nice place to work though, great people, if the work itself is a bit boring.

Outside of work though, I'm an artist. I've had my work in some local galleries and went to art school. However, it would never come close to supporting me so I had to give up on that dream.

I currently work for the Government as a student co-op. I'm in an insurance department at the VA Medical Center. I call insurance companies all day and verify that our veteran's insurance policies are still in effect so that we can pay some of our Vet's bills. It kinda sucks though, I've been doing the same thing all day, all week, for the last year. It pays better then anything else in my area though. $11/hr plus paid leave and I feel fairly secure about my position, whereas anything else I could find would prolly pay 8-10 with no job security or paid leave.

I go to school part-time, as I am required to in order to keep my job. I'm a business major, but not sure what I want to specialize in. Maybe accounting, maybe entrepreneurship, maybe just plain Business Management. What I really want to do is something in the Automotive Performance industry. Too bad I realized that 3 years too late, and can't do anything about it now.

Oh annual reviews and stuff? I do the monthly ones myself, although they're going to train me in the bigger annual ones this year.

Yes. Review for credit facilities. Those with good credit rating, we do it annually, while those account with bad credit rating we do it semi annually.

I am a consulting IT Project Lead / Business Systems Analyst for a well known corporation. I like my job for the most part, but there can be a lot of stress during product release or a production issue!

I always wanted to be a chef or own a fabulous Vegeterian Organic restaurant, but I know it can be very stressful too. Oh, I love travelling and shopping, maybe I will become a travel photographer or mystery shopper.