THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

Had to start again because she phoned me up at 3.30AM crying about something but would't say what. So technically I didn't break it but oh well.

Day 1..... felt ok today, not had the urge to contact her much, just been trying to keep busy! Might start leaving my phone at home when I go to work, then it makes contacting her impossible!

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broke NC this morning after 6 days. It really sucked to be rejected again. He's feeling guilty and pressured. I was a desperate mess. Yuck all the way around. And of course felt even worse.

If you are tempted don't do it!!! Just don't!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully this will remind me why I can't talk to him while I am healing and will stop me in the future.

Broke NC this morning after 6 days. It really sucked to be rejected again. He's feeling guilty and pressured. I was a desperate mess. Yuck all the way around. And of course felt even worse.

Hopefully this will remind me why I can't talk to him while I am healing and will stop me in the future.

Its one of the worst feelings when they reject/ignore you isnt it

Being ignored really does hurt. That is why NC is best, if you don't reach out to them, they can't ignore you. Giving them the power to ignore/reject you just hurts all over again.

I've been having a rough few days. He texted me last week and now I find myself waiting to hear from him. Part of me fantasizes about getting an email from him so I can tell him to stop contacting me. The other part of me knows that I miss him and want to know that he's thinking of me or missing me. But I have to let go.

I'm finding this second attempt at NC even harder than the first one. The first time the breakup was new and raw and I was angry. It was easier. But now, after doing LC for a month or so, its harder because we were getting along fairly well during LC and I could have kept at LC and kept him in my life. I made a choice to go NC instead of LC which was frankly just preventing me from moving on. I have to remember that I made this choice because its the best choice for me, no matter how hard it is.

Sign me up! Got dumped friday by letter after 2wks of lc, and the lc was killing me watching something that could have been so good drifting away, and as she wanted "space" i couldnt ask her when we were going to meet again. Doesnt feel to good right now but i have broken nc with her in past and only got hurt, ive deleated her number from phone. So day 3 for me having the odd tear but but know ive got to move forward. As all she keeps telling me is she doesnt want to be in a relationship of any kind with any one. Done all i can now so got to try and get me back.

I'm dying. We broke up two thursdays ago (after 3 years...shes 22 I'm 25). She started iming me every once in a while, and we had coffee this past monday and were totally friendly.

So Weds I blocked her screenname...only to unblock it the next day. She then sent me another im on Friday. So I called her up after and said it was mostly my fault because I asked her out for coffee, but I needed some space and that I needed time to move on before she ims me whenever she wants.

So it's only been TWO days of strict NC, and I'm dying. I need to go the the gym and work some of this stress out. I'm also pretty sure she's moved on and has another interest...

Day 4 of n/c It feels better than the l/c txts she was sending, they were torture watching it slip away. I was quite relaxed last night before seeing a frend request off her brother on face book who i only knew because of her. I pressed the ignore button, felt a bit bad about it because its not his fault and he probbley doesnt even know we have split,but it would be yet another reminder of how we were only a few weeks ago. Went to bed with that and my ex on mind, didnt sleep great and had only my second drem of her , which i didnt lke at all.

!st day back in work after we have proper finished, felt very alone at times , but so so other`s. Angry at her as well for not putting any effort in considering her past poor relationships, and what she always said i meant to her. Few tears but eating ok, i suppose on the whole a 3 out of 10 day.

GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE ELSE

Day 1 for me. After yesterday's awful conversation, he called me back and we had a better talk (about finances) where I was in control and he actually broke down crying.

I am going to give him the space he and I both need.

Stay strong!

Day 5 slept fine, morning up and down few tears, afternoon and early evening fel pretty goo had my strut back and had a laugh cracke a few jokes bit like the fun police had let me go, had look at phone she txts me on at night no txt, still felt ok read der john letter again for some reason , because i was scared i was feeling to upand was scared of falling flat on my face, few tear. After that not to bad 5 out of 10 the whole.

Two parter as going for few pints after. Slept fine again, work kept having flashes of her and her crappy ex`s and keep wondering and getting frustrated why she walked away as soon as she went on a downer and didnt et us get through it as the perfect ouple she always said we were. quite few tears morning and late afternoon ok din time 3 out of 10 so far

I would say No Contact is broken if you answer the call. If it is answered and you didn't know it was your ex then its just bad luck.

What happened?

Its just when she called me up crying at half 3 on saturday morning, I still dont know why, she wouldnt tell me. And ignored my texts asking what was wrong on the same day hours later.

Its right what people say though, if you don't reach out, it doesnt give them the power to ignore or reject you!!

You are doing really well at the min, im only on 2 days now, its nothing compared to you! PM me if you want someone to talk to!

So yeah Day 2! Been thinking about her a few times, the new place seems weird without someone to share it with, but trying to keep busy! I have been keeping to my word of not contacting her, especially texting her, because it drives me nuts to keep checking my phone after i've sent her a message to see if shes replied.... The answer is normally no! And it hurts! Be strong! x

let's be honest now, just coming to this forum is ground for thought of our ex's. wouldnt real no contact mean not coming to forums like this?

No. No Contact is about not contacting them. You can think about them as much as you like IMO. Not saying it is healthy, but I think most of us do it anyways, whether we visit these boards or not.

Day 3..... Not heard anything from her although I didn't really expect to.

Been ok I suppose, with a few spells of being a bit down and thinking about her.

Its her birthday in about 5 days, but I don't intend on contacting her as I gave her a b'day card about a week ago so I didn't have to see her.

It also runs through my head alot if she misses me at all, I hope she does.

3 days doesn't seem that long, but its the longest i've ever gone without contacting her, so im pleased with myself so far.

Day 3..... Not heard anything from her although I didn't really expect to.

Been ok I suppose, with a few spells of being a bit down and thinking about her.

Its her birthday in about 5 days, but I don't intend on contacting her as I gave her a b'day card about a week ago so I didn't have to see her.

It also runs through my head alot if she misses me at all, I hope she does.

3 days doesn't seem that long, but its the longest i've ever gone without contacting her, so im pleased with myself so far.

Hi wiley, done 6 days now and dont really expect any contact, it hurts like hell at times, had one good day all week, waiting for another one, hurts that someone you talked to every day, cant find it in then to chat, but saying that its prob best to have nc than head wrecking lc,

On day 7. Was up to 38 days of NC and ran into my ex last week. He of course had to go out of his way to make sure that we talked. Bittersweet moment. So happy to see im after almost 6 weeks, but put me right back to square one all over again. So day 7 it is and will continue.

and again I aggree with you. It hurts so much to have at one time been able to talk several times a day with someone that you love and then nothing at all. Maybe it hurts even more to have them not even miss you enought to want to talk.

Day 6 crappy day lot of tears down feelings etc, had a good chat with sumone tonight nice to let sum feelings out, came home done sum weights etc felt a lot better. Should be out next couple of days try and keep my mind off it, still wound up by her selfishness though. Want to tell her some home truths but not going to, rather leave on moral high ground, oer all 4 out of 10

First day posting here but day 2 of NC. Not so bad right now, but probably only because I keep expecting him to call. I tell myself "if he doesn't call by Sunday, then you know it is over." and then I start counting down the hours until then. The sad part is that my heart still really believes that he will call, even though my brain knows better. I haven't gone to his myspace of facebook page, but I can't stop checking my email every half hour in case he has sent me something.