THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1 again. We talked on msn today, he asked me to go to his place tomorrow, but he is going to a music show tonight and i think he probably will pick up some girls there, so I think i shoudl go on NC inatead of meeting him and be a plan b.

Ok, I broke NC again - I asked her to tell me she never wants to be with me again, and mean it!!

The longest i've gone NC is about 6 days, that broke when I answered her call. She phoned to tell me she'd found the kettle we spent ages looking for a few months ago.

Great, why do I need to know that?

i've lost track of days of nc, not bother couting them anymore. last night was a hard night as i saw her in the pub with some lad, i guess her new bf and she introduced us just like that, like nothin. i was polite but inside wnt to scream, she didnt seem over happy tbh, they were hugging but she was lookin at me a whole lot more. it kinds sucks she with some1 else it hurts, but if shes happy thats a good thing as i do wish her well. im guessin its rebound tho.

day 17, 28 days to go

well 28 days if I go all the way to 45. As of right now I am unsure. Right now contacting her seems like a monumental task which is silly. It's not, and it would only be a big deal if I believe that it is.

Day 18 27 days to go

I made it through the work week! The toughest one so far but the weekends are even harder and I am dreading this one. But I'm almost to 3 weeks! and that is motivating.

As some of you know from my other thread, I've made peace with my ex. Well, to a certain extent. I think she's suspicious of my intentions but I really am letting go and in time hopefully we can become friends. I'm so tired of waiting and so tired of things being weird.

That said, I am going to do my best to stay in NC for a little bit just so I can remain in control. I can understand that she might be a bit reluctant to be friends because of how I was before and all I can really do now is give it time. NC is the best way to show her that I am genuine in what I say and it is also good for me too. Plus I have no need to contact her all the time anyway. When we were in LC before, I was getting false hope. Now that I have no hope, I can talk to her as and when and eventually, maybe we'll be comfortable. I feel like a book has been closed at long last and I feel ready to move forward.

I don't know why I've suddenly started to feel like this but I have read on here in the past that sometimes you really do just wake up one day and not care.

Way past 30 days, but I still need to vent from time to time. I still have times where I wonder what is going to happen. Deep down, I don't believe we will ever get together again, and it is MUCH easier to assume that we will not. However, many parts of me keep rethinking how we broke up and what will happen to us in the future.

I'm taking the challenge. 6yr relationship. Engaged. She broke it off 3 weeks ago and was already seeing someone else. Only 2 weeks of begging, pleading and otherwise acting pathetic. Now I'm on day 5 of NC. Feeling much better than day 1 but it's still tough.

I posted this elsewhere but wanted to share this with the group. Hollywood's version of no contact from the movie Swingers. For the unititiated, Mike was dumped by his girlfriend of 6 years an Trent is his buddy trying to get him through it. I think I'm living this movie right now....

Mike: Okay, so what if I don't want to give up on her?

Trent: You don't call.

Mike: But you said I don't call if I wanted to give up on her.

Trent: Right.

Mike: So I don't call either way?

Mike: So what's the difference?

Trent: There is no difference right now. See, Mike, the only difference between giving up and not giving up is if you take her back when she wants to come back. But you can't do anything to make her want to come back. In fact, you can only do stuff to make her not want to come back.

Mike: So the only difference is if I forget about her or just pretend to forget about her?

Mike: Well that sucks.

Trent: Yeah, it sucks.

Mike: So it's just like a retroactive decision, then? I mean I could, like, forget about her and then when she comes back make like I just pretended to forget about her?

Trent: Right. Although probably more likely the opposite.

Mike: What do you mean?

Trent: I mean at first you're going to pretend to forget about her, you'll not call her, I don't know, whatever... but then eventually, you really will forget about her.

Mike: Well what if she comes back first?

Trent: Mmmm... see, that's the thing, is somehow they know not to come back until you really forget.

Mike: There's the rub.

Trent: There's the rub.

NC day 4

sigh. Earlier today i REALLY wanted to talk to her again. I think i finally resolved it within myself and now i see her as a friend that i care about and not as a romantic interest. I think i'll wait a little longer then i'll talk to her again as friends. I don't think getting back together with her will be for the best anymore. It just seems like i went through a semi-long distance relationship and it seems to be like too much of a hassle for me. I just don't think she's the one really. I don't think i love her... i just care and like her. That really seems fine with me actually. I just don't feel like we we're meant to be together. I miss her but now that i think about it... i miss her because we were close friends and i missed the fun we had together.

Day 1 again. We talked on msn today, he asked me to go to his place tomorrow, but he is going to a music show tonight and i think he probably will pick up some girls there, so I think i shoudl go on NC inatead of meeting him and be a plan b.

I agree! Being a plan B date always sucks!

Wow! A whole week already, so far so good....I can't say I'm suffering too much right now though, I have a "friend date" tonight with my ex ex (the one who is really the love of my life, and who is partly responsible for me not marrying my ex who I'm in NC over)...nothing special, maybe dinner and a movie, who knows...he waited until last night to set it up with me, which I wasn't too happy about, but we both are going with the unspoken understanding that this is not a rekindle, but merely two friends hanging out together. Of course there is a little teeny weeny part of my heart that is dying inside because I would give anything if this was a REAL date and he really wanted to be with me. But it's not, and he doesn't, so I have to either be content to be his friend or nothing at all. Some days nothing at all seems like a viable alternative. Other times, I'd hold on to him no matter what the cost or situation. Tonight I'm just happy to be with him just for a few hours.

...if he only knew....

Just started my "day 8", will post more in the afternoon. Just got back from my "friend date" with my ex ex. Meanwhile I check my cell at the movies to find out that my ex (the one who I'm doing the NC over) sent me a text message. again!! Geesh that guy just doesn't get it! Kudos to me though...I didn't even read it! I just deleted it! I saw the number it was from and saw the word "happy...." so I presume it was a happy mother's day message but I don't want any part of it. Not to mention the fact that I was out with my love, aka my ex ex, so I didn't really even want to think about my NC ex.

Day something or other.

This is beyond easy now, however i do fear i will see her out tonight. Tonight will be the first time i have been out clubbing around here since we broke up (due to uni exams) and i am dreading the thort of seeing her, especially if she is with some other guy, i dont wanna crack. I feel fine and over her at this point in time but im sure sheer jealously will drive me insaine if i saw her with someone else (stupid human emotions). Why is it that the most powerful feeling in the world (blatently jealously), is the worst 'quality' to have?

Day 2

My reasons for NC are different now to what they were. I'm not expecting or hoping for my ex to come back. I got sick of it being weird and I just wanted to close the book on it for good.

That said, I don't want to go rushing in and scaring her away. I can understand that she's probably a bit suspicious of my intentions right now. So as a way of proving I'm serious about a friendship, I'm going to remain in NC for as long as I can so firstly, I don't freak her out or scare her away and secondly, I don't want to become too attached too soon and go back ten steps. Plus I have a feeling that she's not 100% happy with what I said to her the other day. I have no idea why but I just got that impression from her. Maybe she doesn't trust me or maybe she's a bit shocked that I essentially told her I no longer want to chase her. It's not going to change overnight but hopefully in a few months everything will be comfortable at least.

I think I have a couple of potential dates coming up in the week. I've been a bit reluctant up until now but I think I am finally ready to dip my toes.

NC Day 5.

Damnit, i thought about her way too much again -_-. I just want my life back to normal damnit! I don;t know what i want again. I thought i was fine last night but i wake up this morning and i miss her. god damn this will take longer then i thought.

Well im a drunken idiot. In my drunken state i txt the ex 2 ask if she was ok now after being drugged monday night (because on tuesday she sed she felt rough)..... She called me and had a go at me for not caring nd saying i only want to talk 2 her as and wen i choose. I dont get women at all, first of all she wants space, now she is upset because i dont tlk 2 her.... Seems like she wants me around until she is over me. I hate upsetting her but at the same time i dont want to be a door mat 2 her, something i feel i will become if i give into her now.

I wish i had never got drunk, such an idiot. I have been tryin 2 move on, been on a couple of dates now but i still want my ex...... and this comes out wen i drink. Being at uni its hard not 2 drink wen every1 else does 2 so i guess im going to become a social outcast for a while in order to avoid getting drunk and doing something i regret.

Hey. I got drunk last night and sent my ex a text too. Grrrrrr.

All I said was: "Hey! *** *** (the club we used to go to) says hello! Hope you're well. x"

No response. No need for her to respond obviously. I just wish the madness would go away and we could talk genuinely. I get the impression that she doesn't trust me.

I reached day 14 then had to work with him.

But I think him seeing me was good because I continued nc at work (aside from work speak) and so he saw I was fine because I was constantly smiling and stuff ...

and then he sent me a text saying we should have a movie night in! First time he has contacted me for 3 weeks. NC IS AMAZING, it helped me to heal enough to be around him and has apparently made him miss the times we spent together. WOOO!

Day 6

==" Had a stupid dream of us getting back together

I thought i was over her last night too but nooooo, I had to dream about her and that really drove me to the wall.Such a sweet dream too, almost wished it was real life. * * * * i'll be thinking about it for awhile. I just want to forget lol

Started on Friday, May 9. Been broken up for about maybe 3 weeks? He has a new girl. I am tired to missing his beautiful face and his new girl who he is staying with and slepeing with.

but... i need to get on with my lief.. i lost my job and i am failing at the university. so its time to get back to being me.

so its Day 3 OFficially without ANY contact. (We live together but i rarely see him since i am staying upstairs when he is home and he has been staying with his new * * * * * anyway - not that I'm bitter).

Made too many mistakes trying to talk about the relationship.. even when HE wanted to talk about it - it dragged on too long.

so lets see how this goes..

Day 3.... Staying with my parents again tonight so i dont have to see him at home (if he is even staying there).

god i want him back. i blew any chance...

Day 9 and I'm doing fine...don't miss him, don't want to hear from him, don't care what he's doing.

This is good, right??

That is fabulous!!!

Took me 8 weeks to get to where you are,I'm just trying to contact her to be friends,she's not returning my calls