THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

I might of screwed up this weekend. My ex is still in college and I went back there to visit some friends. I thought I was strong enough to handle it but I broke down bigtime today. Everything up there reminded me of her. I had to leave and come home today instead of tomorrow like I planned because I was feeling down.

However I did keep NC. Part of the reason I left is because I was worried I might try to contact her or go see her if I stayed another night and was drinking. Hopefully tomorrow I'll go back to being as strong as I've been the past few weeks.

On a positive note, I have a date for drinks/appetizers with a nice girl this week. I'm pretty excited about it.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

day 9. My date from friday hasn't contacted me again. neither has my ex. I feel quite worthless at the moment. I don't know why I feel I need other people to give me validation. The fact that my ex hasn't asked to see me once in 9 days hurts, it feels like she has forgotten me. I'm having a really bad day.

I think it is day 4 for me. I really don't give a crap about what happens now. I'll admit that I do think about her from time to time. However, my negative thoughts about her outweigh the good. So, this whole NC thing is a walk in the park right now. She has attempted contacting me several times. I am starting to get annoyed with her trying to contact me. I am standing strong and not contacting her though.

Day 30

Was a bad day. I still feel like I'd do anything to be with this girl. It hasn't really gotten much easier. Days like today make me feel like its day one all over again.

I sure hope something changes soon, I need to move on. I just have this lingering thought that she will contact me eventually, by the things she said before. Like when she wanted to see me over x-mas. (I said no) And how she said it would be weird if we didn't see each other again after spending so much of our lives together. Also said she would call me when she was in MN some time. If that happens I do not think I could say no to seeing her, but I know it would hurt like hell since she is seeing someone.

I've had the urge lately to text her, or something. I know I can't do that. I just still miss her so much. More than ever before.

I'm staying strong though, and I will resist the urges. 30 days already, feels strange. I still feel very sad.

day 10. she sent me a text last night saying 'hey. how u doin? R u ok? can't believe my exam was so * * * * on friday! what have u been up to? I miss u what does she want from me? I feel like she's playing games. She texts me asking how I am and what I've been up to but never asks to meet up. If she misses me, why does she never ask to see me? I miss her so much. I'm so so tempted to ask to see her. I want to see her face, cuddle her, smell her perfume.. I know it will hurt, and after the way she's broken my heart I shouldn't want to see her. But since she left me I've been existing from day to day, never happy, just trying to muddle along. It isn't getting easier..

Samantha, you've got to stop doing this to yourself. It's not healthy. Please work on your own self-esteem. Have you a counselling service at uni? This woman is not the only person on this planet who will ever care for you. It sounds like she wants to keep you as a friend - maybe to allay some of her own guilt and maybe because she genuinely likes you as a person. But for you this isn't enough - will never be enough - and rightly so. Tell her straight that unless she wants to be in a mature, honest relationship with you to just leave you alone and let you get on with healing and life. I KNOW it's easier said than done, but how long are you going to let it drag out for. She's made her choice, and I'm sorry it wasn't you - but there will be other people who will care for you, who you can get close to and trust. You need to let go.

• Like 1

Hi Guys, well I am on a challenge within SD's challenge.

I will give you a brief run down.

Boyriend broke up with me 10 weeks ago! Completely devastated me. I am 21, he is 26.

Never really been able to go any longer than 3-4 days without contact and usually one of us makes contact. He has been a selfish pig and had his "cake and eat it" on 4 different occasions.

I tried to do the NC challenge on my own, did 6 days and caved and contacted him and he was telling me things like " Your not talking to me right now because you want to get back with me is it? If thats the case , dont waste your time" OUCH!!!!

He said more interesting statements like that as well, anyway he told me that last week thursday. I contacted him with my new address on the friday by text as I am moving into student halls. He was very unresponsive and that made me feel like s*** in itself. Now been on SD challenge since friday, so I am on DAY 4 NC.

I am posting this very quickly because my other challenge was to read all 628 pages of this thread! Yes sounds extreme, but I am serious about this challenge now and I thought to myself. If I break NC after reading 628 pages I need to be admitted to the loony bin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am currently on page 332! So I am getting there! lol. Maybe I am already a loony for even attempting this challenge but it has helped me a lot reading everyones experiences!

Lastly, the EX HAS JUST CONTACT ME!. He rang the house phone, I did not answer. He then blew up my cell and left a voicemail it said " Hi, I am just ringing to see how you are, give me a text when you get this so I can give you a call back later. Anyway hope your well.Bye! " EEEEEEEEEEK.

WHAT DO I DO? HELP! I NEED URGENT ADVICE. SHALL I IGNORE HIM?

Thanks!

Hi

I know what you mean about the " easing the guilt thing".

I suppose I am just worried he will think I am being rude but I shiuldnt think like that because he hasnt treated me very good lately.

Do you think he will lose interest if I carry on ignoring him. Sorry if I sound a bit needy!

I am so nervous about all of this its insane!

Thanks Tushboy just done that actually, without the cookie bit though. Had a Cadbury's Caramel instead. But I am serious, do you think I should ignore him? I know someone has already said to do that but I would like other peoples feedback please. I am so worried about all of this now.

DAY 1

Hello, this is my first day of accepting the challenge so wish me luck. I had a god awful row with my Ex an hour ago (which was on a different Calendar date so I can still class this as my first day). I suggested we take a break from one another. He said we can still talk on MSN but I'm not going to. Sign me up and wish me luck!