THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1:

Starting NC all over again. Was doing well for two weeks of NC, until I looked at his Myspace. Bad idea. I didn't find anything heartbreaking on his myspace, ie a new girl. In fact, he still had a picture of him and I posted. Next thing you know, I couldn't fight the temptation of calling him. So, I called. To see how he was doing. It was a great conversation. And I missed him more. Then I called again last night. He didn't pick up. Smart guy, I know it is better this way. But temptation is a B***H!

Day 9

I have been thinking of contacting her until I read a post that made sense and brought me back to reality. I'm still missing her and I know I shouldn't even be feeling about her this way since she's not worth it. I have finals the next two weeks, I just hope im strong enough to make it. Wait, no... I know! I am strong enough to make it.

Day 9

I have been thinking of contacting her until I read a post that made sense and brought me back to reality. I'm still missing her and I know I shouldn't even be feeling about her this way since she's not worth it. I have finals the next two weeks, I just hope im strong enough to make it. Wait, no... I know! I am strong enough to make it.

Stick to it at all costs!

This weekend I have made every error possible. I've texted like a million times, and to start off with it was okay, but then I got angry and have just spouted about how much of a nasty piece of work he turned out to be, and that he has totally wasted 3 years of my life - and I can tell you - It feels pretty cr*p now.

Stick to NC - that way you can't say the wrong thing.

I'm back to NC after her breaking it 2 weeks ago, she sent a text wishing my surgery to go well, I never responded then last week her Dad called me(him and I are friends) and talked me into sending her a thank you text because she didn't know if hers had been received ...UGH! I fell for it! /slap forehead.

I of course got no response.

Won't make that mistake again.

It's been 2 months since we have heard each others voice.

Yes this sucks.

Doing nothing is FAR better than feeling like a fool for doing something.

Congraduations Loveme or leave me for getting to the 7th day of NC.

I AM on NC for day 2. I have been loving myself, working on my own business, and just about ready to applie 4 a scholarship. It is very hard and easy not to think about my ex. Hard because I loved her, easy because I love me and have rechanelled all that love back to myself. Every body on this site is a special person, perfect in the eyes of god, a divine create of the univese. You are the first and last person like you. Thier well never be a you like you again, let us enjoy your love, a little pain is okay, but let feel you. Please every one put some of the good things that are happening to you as well as what you are going through. Like I just met a very beautiful doc. Who is super nice, jesus nice. Okay everybody keep enjoying you holiday season. Sean. Any one who would like to talk email at email removed

Broke NC again...he texted me a lot of things that I never wanted to hear regarding what went wrong with our relationship towards the end.

I think there are no hopes for us to get back together. He said that if he could turn back time he wouldn't have dated me. And he also said he couldn't see us together at least for the time being.

Please please please ! Help me stay in NC this time !

The hardest time is in the morning because youre defenseless from your dreams entering your brain(coz youre asleep!) but at night I look forward to reporting here instead and when I feel weak thats when I update the number of days I have gone NC!..then I move on to the rest of the things that I have to do the rest of the day..one day at a time..its like when you want to try to lose weight ,you have to start easy and give yourself a certain period of time lets say 30 days and then you stop craving for food..like all those diet fads..If you want to stop craving sweet or carbs ,you have to wean yourself off and the hard part is the first 2 weeks and then you get results even if minimal and youre on your way to breakinf off your addiction!! Its either you stick with it or not, to get thin or fat..Its all up to you..the best thing is because of that period youve achieved what you want and have found self control..or at least you know you can and at least you try for your own good. love is like a drug and food to your soul....If you have that INSIGHT that you want to get better and improve,thats a sign that progress is possible!....im just in the mood coz its snowing outside and Im happy im home.

I've been struggling with this NC lately. Must be the Holidays. Anyway, it doesn't seem to hurt or upset me when I break NC, but I know it's delaying my healing.

I sent her a text today telling her that the Bengals vs steelers is on tonight. She's not a huge football fan but she does/did cheer for the Bengals with me. She immediately tried to call but I didn't pick up. I'm not playing any games, I just know that I probably can't handle actually talking to her on the phone. I don't even know how long it's been since I've heard her voice, probably a couple months.

I wish I could figure out what's going on in my head. I don't really want to talk to her because I don't want to hear about how great her life is going, but then I find ways to break NC.

Day 0.

We had been dating about a year and a quarter. She split with me on Tuesday night out of the blue becuase she said she didnt feel how she should towards me. She suggested a break until she feels how she should. She still wanted to remain best friends. It was terrible the first couple of days. I didnt talk to her yesterday. Tonight she texted me and I didnt answer. She then called me and I talked to her. I told her that I couldnt talk to her or be friends with her because I couldnt do that to myself. I cant hide how I feel and just be friends. A month is a long time. Im not sure how long it will take for her to feel the same. She told me tonight that she saw us getting back together. I would love to, but I cant put myself down everyday. I hope this helps our relationship.

Thanks

Day 14 today apparently

I had the most awesome weekend, the 'freedom' part of being single sunk in and I am loving it. I think some healing is starting to happen. I had a bit of a freak-out late last week but things are just looking up and up.

His Mum phoned me on Saturday for some random reasons which was quite annoying because her phone call gave away that he has gone overseas again and I know he'll be with his little 'friend' over there, but what can I do? He's not pining after me and I'm not pining after him. Simple.

The dreams are coming in thick and fast and are getting more and more involved as well unfortunately. I actually think this could be part of my brain letting go, like there's some kind of power struggle going on?

I'm going to accept this I think...even 8 months after break up. Have I been smart back then and did the NC, I would not have been in this situation right now to the point of it affecting my grades, losing sleep, losing weight (although I kinda like it), stressing out, etc etc... Not sure if I'm strong enough to handle it but I guess I can always ask you all to stop be from contacting him, eh?

Day 1: The new beginning

ps. Why are all of SuperDave's threads like this are in the "Getting back together" forum? Shouldn't they be in the healing forum?