Being a woman

Akira

I'm a 19 year old girl and I really need some advice/encouragement regarding masturbation. To be frank, I really don't know much about female genitalia and have an almighty fear of hurting myself down there. Touching the outer part is fine, but inserting my finger is very, very awkward. I'm just so tense and am afraid of causing any damage.

I'm not from a heavy religious background and have been raised to be tolerant and open minded about things, but there are signs that I'm naturally concervative in some ways. For example, I was absolutely shocked at the age of 13 when I found out that girls my age were giving blowjobs (but my friends didn't think it was a big deal at all). I also couldn't believe that some girls were already having sex.

I sometimes feel pressured about my virginity because most teenagers are having sex, but I think I just truly view it as an adult thing to do (regarding myself). I think this relates to my fear of masturbation. I tell myself that women are strong (we give birth!!) but I freak out over the length of fingernails and lack of fluids, etc. Sorry if this is too graphic! I'm just desperate for some advice.

I want to know myself better and not to be afraid. I've inserted most of my finger but I don't know where anything is and I don't know what to feel. I currently live in Japan (I'm from Australia) and can't really speak to anyone about it so I hope someone can help. Thanks.

How long have you been living in Japan? I've always wanted to go!

I know this much about the Japanese, if you want to learn anything about sex, you're at least in the right place lol!

(of course that's got nothing to do with why I want to visit).

And someone on here said that the clit is three times more sensitive than the head of a . If that's of any interest.

As for techniques, everyone is different so you really have to find what works best for you.

If you don't feel comfortable using your hands and have a fear of nails, maybe you can get some kind of toy made from a soft-material.

I agree with the others that doing a search on google would yield a lot of resources.

BellaDonna

There are different ways to achieve orgasm, and they don't necessarily involve some sort of penetration. If you want to go 'inside', .your fingernails shouldn't be too long, that's true. If you are still worried about scratching, you can use a dildo or a vibrator. If you are too shy to go to the sex store, there are all sorts of things you can use instead. Like cucumbers, my favorite.

And don't worry about being a virgin. You are still young and have plenty of time. Lots of people wait until they are in their 20's. You just don't know about them because they aren't going around announcing it to everyone (unlike the 13 year olds giving blowjobs).

here's a tip: If you have one of those removable shower heads, those are amazing... If you have a bathtub and there's enough room to maneuver, you can position yourself under the stream of water...let it hit your clit.

This way, there are no sharp objects Make sure the water isn't too hot though...that hurts.

Also, as other posters have stated, try a dildo or vibrator. There are TONS of online stores if you're too embarrassed to go into an actual store.

Gah, don't suggest cucumbers, way too hard. If it's penetration you want, try a softer 'jelly' type dildo. It's going to feel odd at first, and won't be pleasurable until you've tried masturbating with your finger a few times (don't wear false nails,

I know alot of girls don't actually get off on this and much prefer to rub against something soft like a pillow, edge of the bed, soft toy, etc. If you're worried about lubrication, buy some.