What is fat?

GalaxyC

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this might be a bit off topic....but what cracks me up is when

someone calls someone 'big boned". is that a polite way of saying "you're fat"??

In most cases yes, however a good amount of people are just genuinly larger, mass wise. I mean they can be skinny and all, however their build is just meant to be a little bigger. Like people you see with large broad shoulders.

I meant that thats ideal for me.

A girl over 125 at that height in my opinion is starting to look "heavier than my tastes".

You should also know that I am very skinny myself. (5'8'' 135) so i need someone smaller than me, otherwise they start to have self image problems and it just ends up pissing me off.

I'm a woman, but who judges women more then women, right?

What I think is attractive is more of the athletic figure. IE: Carmen Electra, Marisa Miller. Also Beyonce, Tyra Banks.

What I think is UNattractive is: Courtney Cox, Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie-way too thin.

When I find another woman attractive she's usually very fit, with a lot of muscle tone and feminine definition.

I just think no matter who you ask man or woman everyone has their own prefrence for what they like ..their is no one single answer.It all depends on what a particular person finds attractive.

hmmm I think women should be womanly and have some curves..but that is my personal prefrence (as a rule) But all in all

I don't judge someone that way though..if someone is thin or overweight (like I am) and they are a great person,I want to get to know them.Size like that to me does not really matter.I am not one to judge.To me it is the person,not their size.

I just think no matter who you ask man or woman everyone has their own prefrence for what they like ..their is no one single answer.It all depends on what a particular person finds attractive.

hmmm I think women should be womanly and have some curves..but that is my personal prefrence (as a rule) But all in all

I don't judge someone that way though..if someone is thin or overweight (like I am) and they are a great person,I want to get to know them.Size like that to me does not really matter.I am not one to judge.To me it is the person,not their size.

Personality can change someone for me.

Even if someone is slightly overweight for my tastes... if they have a great fun personality... i can become very attracted to them. This has happened to me only a handful of times in my life.

You know, I use the BMI calculator to determine if my weight is good or not rather than depending on other peoples opinions.

The BMI calculator advises whether you are at a healthy weight for your height. I long to be at the low end for my height but don't fret about it.

I'm 5'3" and 126 lbs. My ideal weight for myself is 115. But I know I look just fine at 126.

Everyone carries weight differently. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat (isn't that what they say?) So for anyone to say "she must be x'x" and xxx lbs" just doesn't make sense to me.

Anyone can be beautiful. A little extra weight or a lot of extra weight - can still be beautiful. However, I think being too skinny is completely unattractive.

you can help almost any amount of fat by how you carry yourself and what kind of cloths you wear. Don't think of losing weight just date more guys, you should do it for your own health. There's guys for every girl, and I don't have any figure for what would be the weight limit for a potential date that I would stick to. Not that it would do any good to me in dating world - I wouldn't ask a girl for their weight and then judge whether she's dateable.

But personally I don't like too fat or too bony.. it's in the between. Too fat - the kind of person that of everyone first notices that "wow, she's really fat." Too bony, something that everyone first notices that "wow, she looks totally anorectic." Otherwise I wouldn't set any limits.. I have tried but have always ended up breaking them if the girl was just cool enogh.

You know, I use the BMI calculator to determine if my weight is good or not rather than depending on other peoples opinions.

The BMI calculator advises whether you are at a healthy weight for your height. I long to be at the low end for my height but don't fret about it.

BMI is NOT an accurate way to measure the state of your health for a variety of reasons. There's an entire thread about it here:

For the OP....you're going to get about as many answers to "What is fat?" as there are people who answer you. It's a rather subjective determination, really. And flat numbers of height/weight don't really say much about how someone is built. Because I work out on a regular basis and have some muscle, people (including medical professionals) routinely guess my weight some 20-30 pounds LESS than what I actually weigh.

If you want some numbers that actually tell you about the state of your health, learn your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar numbers.

BMI is NOT an accurate way to measure the state of your health for a variety of reasons. There's an entire thread about it here:

For the OP....you're going to get about as many answers to "What is fat?" as there are people who answer you. It's a rather subjective determination, really. And flat numbers of height/weight don't really say much about how someone is built. Because I work out on a regular basis and have some muscle, people (including medical professionals) routinely guess my weight some 20-30 pounds LESS than what I actually weigh.

If you want some numbers that actually tell you about the state of your health, learn your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar numbers.

Thank you for that info. I wasn't aware.