The weird guy from work

I started working at a large company about 2 years ago and I was assigned to work with Chad, this guy who was supposed to train me. Before I go any further, I want to clearly state that he's married, and I just got married.

This isn't a "I want to have an affair" post....but rather "why does he behave this way when he knows I'm married" post.

First let me just say that I have many friends, men and women, and I am very easy to get along with.

Chad was supposed to train me. He cancelled because of a project then came to my office, sat there and stared at my ring, and tried to talk me into training on "unscheduled time" without management approval. I declined because it wasn't business time.

He's called me randomly to say nothing of importance. Then when I see him in the hall and say hi, he completely snubs me and won't even look at me. (not that I care, but I don't understand why a man would call a married woman to talk and then pretend you've never seen her before).

I talk about my husband to him 24/7 (probably drive him crazy)and he asks me about my husband wondering if he's busy because he needs an insurance quote. I gave him my husband's cell number and he never took the quote.

Our dept went to a Christmas party and he sat there the entire night and stared at me. I felt uncomfortable and turned and sat facing the other way and soon left. And then at work again, he snubs me completely in the hall.

One minute the guy acts like he wants to talk, the next he acts like I'm his worst enemy.

Everyone says he's nice but I've decided he's not and ignore him all the time now. I have several "guy friends" at work and we talk about our families and joke around and so forth. Why is it so difficult to say hi to me in the hall...but he will call, e-mail, and IM all the time?

Men are weird!!

Men are no weirder than women, and, imo, men follow paths of logical thought much mroe often. Which, again imo, mkaes us less weird, but I digress, so.

In any event, yes, the weird guy at work seems a little unusual, and I think he acts rather infatuated with you, for whatever reason one cannot say. The question for you is what do you do, and I think making sure he remains harmless is the best thing, which means you should not encourage a friendship. Be cordial when approached, but not much more.

And welcome to enotalone.