Hi All,

I've been reading so many posts that have helped me out a lot. Just for conversation's sake, I was wondering about second chances. Case in point,

my friend Elana and an old ex of her's, Eric has come back into her life after about 10 years. While they were dating, he got married to another woman and they had a son together. Well, he's now divorced and the kid is 6 years old. He's been calling her and emailing her wanting to know what she's up to and how her life has been going, etc. She has not gotten back in touch with him until recently. She finally gave in and went to dinner with him. She said that he wanted to know why she was "ignoring" him when he was trying to reach out to her. She said that she was busy. And she is because she is starting her own business. Anyway, she said that he finally laid it out for her. That he missed their time together and that he missed her and wanted to make a go at a new relationship. Needless to say, she was shocked, but not totally surprised.

She has not been out with him since, but he still contacts her. She said that she doesn't know what to do.

I'm asking about this because why would someone who left you to marry someone else want to come back to you, like you're desparate to have them back. My friend is a strong person or she appears to be that way. I've ask her not to cave in and so far to my knowledge, she has not. But he keeps "pestering" her. I can see her start to cave in, like she's considering something.

Anyway, does anyone have similar stories? What was the length of time before your ex came back into your life after no contact? What was their excuse? If you took them back or started a new relationship with them, did they REALLY change or did they revert back to their old selves? Was the relationship a success or not? How long have you all been back together?

Please share stories and details. I'd like to know, so I can, hopefully, give my friend some good advice.

Thanks!!

Tribecagirl

Hi

I read a book called "My boyfriend back"

Some of them did rekindle their relationship.

People change in time, and your friend and her long lost love are not what they used to be 10 years ago.

But he keep on pestering her sound like a red flag to me. She has to be careful about what is his real intention.

Second chances rarely happen and when they do they don't usually last...

After a long period of time could be differetn though...

ALthough he is hounding her like he is desperate and wants or needs her...

I would tell her to stay away from him, something does not seem right...

He left her to marry someone else. He's back now that it didn't work out with that someone else. She was and still is the backup plan. He's hounding her because he's desperate that it didn't work out with girl #1. Being girl #2 is never going to be enough.

I'm currently in a second chance... me and my girlfriend split up for 3 months because of the way i was etc.

We got back together around 2 weeks ago and it's better than ever!

Second chances do happen, and in some cases it makes the relationship even better.

Parky- I am interested in your situation. It sounds like you have overcome everything in the past, and have rekindled your relationship. I am interested in what you did to get her back. If you want to post on my thread "Please Help. I am so confused" I would really appreciate it. I know that me and my girl have a chance in the future I just dont know what to do right now. I have posted my whole story on my thread. Appreciate it!