Anyone ever just say, "Screw it"?

Kevin T

lol

I'm not sure if that is an insult or a compliment.

I don't know how "nice" I supposedly am. Some people may not agree, having read my posts about university life.

In truth, if I don't seem very friendly here (or anywhere) it's due to being preoccupied, too busy and frustrated with my love life (ahem, lackthereof). Otherwise, I'm fine.

Either way, I am who I am. I think I could stand to be nicer, but when your life sucks, it's hard to pretend, so I tend to be a little sour. I think most people are aware of this fact, when reading my posts.

And frankly, IF there is a change seen in me, I take it as a good thing. It shows progress, change and improvement. That is always a good thing.

Well "screw it", I like the change.

You seem smarter, happier and more open, (and did I mention hot?)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand, he can have exactly what his conscious mind wants everyday. That includes a hot, brilliant, sensual female in his life everyday. Great sex, someone to talk to, someone to connect with on a deep level, etc. Its always there waiting for Kevin, when he truly wants it. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------For those of us who have never been able to develop any kind of a relationship with a woman[whether we are attractive or not] do you really think this is the case?Changing lifelong patterns of shyness/introversion is extremely difficult.It takes a lot of hard work.I am trying to force myself to be more social and extroverted but it can be a daunting challenge.I feel like I am making progress but as always there are not too many prospects on the horizon .If I sit and think too much about how nonexistant my love life has been thus far in my life ,it can get pretty depressing so I try to avoid doing that.I guess I agree with your post but it seems like people who have had many relationships in their lives will never know the heartache that those of us who haven't[for whatever reason] have experienced.I guess for guys like me and Kevin the fear of rejection is what is holding us back,I can logically reason that if a reasonably attractive man is willing to approach enough women and take some rejections we would eventuallly hit paydirt and find someone who was interested but it just isn't an easy thing to do.

No, he's basically right. I agree with him, from a psychological perspective. But there's more than that holding me back.

And remember, a long time ago... once upon a strange and foreign land - perhaps it was all a dream now, I recall not - I did have someone that was dear to me. But, as things goes, loves is often short-lived, but long felt.

I would do this if I could. If I remember correctly, you're only 1 or 2 years older than me, meaning you're 23-24 yrs old. Imagine if you have another 60-70 years ahead of you of "not caring". Think you can do that? more than half a century to yourself? good luck.

however, i should say lately, i've been doing just that.....quite fine. although I do feel lonely sometimes too. how's it working out for you, kevin?

Lousy. lol

Everywhere I go, I am reminded of others being happy, while I am not. Sure, I'm mildly content with my life in other regards, educationally (so-so), socially (meh), and otherwise, but I still feel miserable, having no one in particular to love romantically. It sucks.

But I want to believe things will improve. I really do. Hopefully it would improve for the both of us.