Passive aggressive men

link removed

Interesting article about Passive aggressive men.

I just got done with one and have been in a relationship with another one. I seem to attract them. They are so aggreeable and accomadating at first, then they subtle and not so subltly turn on you.

It's hard becuase his good points are so good, but he has no idea his dark side and the effect it has on loved ones. I couldn't stand it anymore. The living with the fear he was going to leave me, the lies,etc..

But the love was grand. If I could only have that part.

What are you experinces with passive-agggressiveness in relationships?

I was actually the passive-aggressive one in the relationship that brought me to this board...I don't think I exhibited all the signs of a passive-aggressive person, because I was never a hitter and not much of a yeller...But anytime something went wrong, I would turn my back and walk away to make a statement about how mad I was. It would make him feel horribly guilty about whatever it was that he did or didn't do (there wasn't always a reason, either!)...so I guess that classifies as emotional abuse. I would sulk quite a bit, too...

I don't blame him for breaking up with me...But now I know that it's something I have to work on in future relationships.

Passive aggressive behavior can manifest in many ways. A friend of mine told me that she would do little things - maybe unconsciously - to sabotage a relationship if she was unhappy, even though she might put up a happy face.

I think the core of many relationship problems is just poor communication and fear of conflict or confrontation can be a cause of this problem.

• 3 weeks later...