I love hurting myself, i love it SO much. The amount of pleasure i get from cutting myself is better than anything in my life at the moment, its serously the only thing i enjoy anymore. sometimes when im cutting i want to just drag the blade all over myself but cant beacuse i work in a pub serving food.....no one wants to be served by someone with cuts all up thier wrists. I hate it, being tied down! cutting anywhere apart from my arms doesnt give me the same feeling. I dont know what to do

im sorry if this post is pointless i just have to get this feeling out!

I agree with you, it's just not the same on other areas. It's very frustrating having to cut on other areas to avoid trouble. but it's a choice you have to make, whether or not it's worth it to cut where you want.

Oh, just something you might try...if you really miss cutting on your arms but don't want to get in trouble, the inside of your bottom lip bleeds a lot, as does the shoulder. And thigh cuts look very very pretty...almost comparable to wrist and arm cuts.

-E.

xprincessbugx, It's very rude, not to mention immature, to assume things like that when you have no idea what you're talking about. luvursmile and need2bme were at least respectful in the way that they replied, unlike you.

luvursmile and need2bme, self-injury is usually a stress thing, like smoking or hitting something or doing drugs. (I'm speaking in general terms, not everyone does these things because of stress.) It can also have to do with self-worth, if a person doesn't like themselves or they feel that they deserve to be hurt, then self-injury feels right. Some people just like the way it looks and feels. There are a lot of reasons and they vary from person to person.

I always compare self-injury to smoking when I'm trying to explain it, though there are a lot of people who smoke and don't agree with me. Smokers, when they light a cigarette they feel calmer and less stressed. It makes them feel better. Despite the fact that it gives us lung cancer, enphyzema, etc. Just like people cutting, which makes us feel calmer and less stressed, despite the fact that we're injuring our bodies...

-E.

Yeah i agree, you shouldnt get involved with stuff you don understand and if im having to cut places i dont enjoy so people dont see it then obvously it aint for attention!

I cut myself beacuse i am depressed, i hate myself and i cut myself to feel batter about that. i also starve myself. im basically not happy if im not in pain or in control. its just such a addiction, like if im feeling bad.... i will just cut instead of having a fag or whatever.

What I dont understand is that its "acceptable" to go out and drink yourself half to death every weekend but so so bad if you make marks on your skin? * * *?

Anyway,... i really love my scars in some sick way. x

I guess it's just our society, it makes no sense at all. Alcohol, cigarettes, even drugs usually, are more acceptable than cutting, when really, it all is harming our body, so it's all self injury. Just like the fact that we have assemblies telling us to love ourselves and not develop eating disorders, when all we see in the media is eating disorders. Our society is so hypocritical, and so are most people. They're worrying about eating disorders and cutting so much, but they're not even paying attention to where it's all coming from. People are cruel, ignorant, and close minded. If it's not the way they do something, then it's weird and wrong or unhealthy. Until the rest of society advances, we have to deal with their stupid ****.

(Sorry, I hadn't planned on ranting.)

-E.

I can see where you guys are coming from, I guess, because I smoke, ive tried to kick the habit but I havent exactly been successfull. But unlike cutting, smoking doesnt physically hurt me (at least not yet, maybe if I get lung cancer or something, it will).

Believe me, I remember what its like to be a teenager (as you both are). Its a very stressful time in ones life. But have you guys considered going to a phychologist to help you determine why you feel so negative towards yourself? When I was about 15-16 I was bit messed up (I never cut myself, but I did drugs and a bunch of other stuff Im not very proud of) and my mother sent me to a shrink. Of course, I didnt want to go, but I HAD to go, and it kinda helped. Just a suggestion.

Why do you guys cut? Seriousely, not trying to be offensive or anything, I just really wanna know. Whats the point? To feel pain? To feel good?

it's to relieve the pain believe it or not.

Or that was the case for me.

I use to ask why god would possibly let someone feel this miserable and have an overwhelming feeling of sorrow.

(was before i became atheist)

But i didn't cut for long, I got help. I went to a psychologist and am taking a medication for my dysthymia.

I highly recommend anyone who does cut, seek help. Because even if you can't see you're life improving now, in time it will if you work at it.

well, I felt that same way. You think I WANTED to go to some shrink?! And I didnt feel the need to change either, I liked using drugs, and all the other things I did. Believe me, I had issues, my father was a raging alcoholic who used to beat me & my mother up when he was drunk, and I HATED him for that. We've since made ammends, though.

Believe me, going to shrink helped me, and I was as against it as could be.

I wont judge you guys though, because Im no angel myself. I drink, I smoke, I still smoke pot occasionally, so Im not one to judge. Id just hate to see any young person do this to themselves. You guys are so young and you think that all this that you're feeling is permanent, but its not. Man, if only knew then, what I know now. Popularity, fitting in, peer pressure, looking like a model; all that stuff seemed so important when you're a teenager, but trust me, none of that is gonna matter in a few years.

Why do people cut...

To punish yourself for being such a failure to everyone, to ruin your own life so others can't, to watch yourself in pain, to take away the emotional pain that you just can't deal with, to make yourself cry and watch yourself in so much pain and know you deserve it all... To make everything ok, to make you feel ok for just a lil while, even if its only a minute its a minute distracted from everything else wrong in my life.

Why do people cut...

To punish yourself for being such a failure to everyone, to ruin your own life so others can't, to watch yourself in pain, to take away the emotional pain that you just can't deal with, to make yourself cry and watch yourself in so much pain and know you deserve it all... To make everything ok, to make you feel ok for just a lil while, even if its only a minute its a minute distracted from everything else wrong in my life.

Yes very true thats why i use to cut. But i got better, and for all you cutters out there please just please get help befor you ruin your life for good, it wil be a darn shame if you do ruin your life