age of consent laws...would we break them?

bby1326

ok so me and my girlfriend have been really good lately and active. we havent had sex for awhile (since we got caught months ago) but were thinking of having sex. i JUST turned 18 and shes a few months from 17. i live in wisconsin. would this be violating the AOC laws and can i go to jail if she gets pregnant?

So I take it you are 15 to 16 months older than your girlfriend, right?

Though I do not know the age of consent laws in the state of Wisconsin, I highly doubt your given circumstance would be grounds for criminal prosecution.

Even if it is considered illegal in your state, I see ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with a 16 year old and an 18 year old having sex. I swear some of these laws are ridiculous.

thanks to all the replys...i do have 2 more things to add to it:

1. we were not planning on getting pregnant but after we do have sex were both always worried she is. this time after having sex i fingered her a little and when i stopped i noticed some white substance on my fingers. i couldnt tell if it was as thick as my "runoff" but could women have the same white color fluids at times?

2. if she is pregnant, and im 18, can her parents have me arrested?

I'd be awfully careful, BBY1326. In common sense, you'd think the difference between an 18 year old and a 16 year old shouldn't matter, and I'd agree.

But the law is often notoriously devoid of common sense. That's doubly true where underage sex is involved; society is pretty intolerant of that, and some prosecutors are really overzealous.

Also, the sex offender laws are pretty tough in some states, and there's hardly anything worse to have on your record than statutory rape. Even of you and your partner are only a week apart in age, if you're on opposite sides of the legal line, the law still considers it statutory rape. And I'm sure you've heard of all the laws calculated to make life tough for sex offenders long after they've finished their sentence.

I don't know if a guy your age could get prison time, but if you did, you should also know that (from what I've heard), sex offenders are regarded with real contempt among prison inmate populations. In the criminal culture, child molestation is not considered a "respectable" crime, so such guys get pretty bad treatment from their fellow inmates.

Some states have relaxed standards for cases like yours, but I wouldn't want to risk it. If you decide to take your chances, research the laws of Wisconsin, and don't take any lay person's word for it. For whatever my advice is worth, I'd STRONGLY advise waiting for her to become legal. There's just too much at stake.

1. we were not planning on getting pregnant but after we do have sex were both always worried she is. this time after having sex i fingered her a little and when i stopped i noticed some white substance on my fingers. i couldnt tell if it was as thick as my "runoff" but could women have the same white color fluids at times?

Anything from lube to her natural fluids can look white and have a similar consistency to ejaculate after having sex. But please, for your sake, please tell me you didn't come inside her or even have sex period without a condom if she isn't on the pill/patch/shot.

I do believe there is some leeway on age of consent laws. I'm not 100% sure here, so you should do some research on this, but I think there is something about if you are like a year apart you'll be ok.

But, I also remember this guy back in high school had a girlfriend who was underage. They started having sex when he was underage too, but they continued when he turned 18 and he got thrown in jail for 2 years.

So, just be careful.

I just found this on a site. It is some information from earlier this month, so it's probably more up-to-date than the pages that say the age is 16.

The age of consent in Wisconsin is 18. Unlike many other states, Wisconsin has a single age of consent, meaning that no one under the age of 18 may legally consent to sex under any circumstances. This law is different from many states, where a teen may legally consent to sex with someone near their own age. The Wisconsin law also covers a variety of sexual behavior, not just intercourse. Even kissing and necking may be illegal under Wisconsin law if one partner is under the age of 18.

I guess that answers your question.

I live in WI and just had a problem with this actually. I recently had sex with a nineteen year old guy who is now in jail. The woman who came and talked to me told me that you have to be 16 to be able to have sex with someone over the age of 18 in Wisconsin. She said it's alright if he's under 18 but otherwise it is illegal until I was 16.

This is the WI statute, so thereforeeee if a child is 16 then they can consent to sexual activity.

948.09 Sexual intercourse with a child age 16 or older.

Whoever has sexual intercourse with a child who is not the defendant’s spouse and who has attained the age of 16 years is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.