Started talking with the ex again about a week and a half ago, initiated by her. She was calling at least once a day just to say hey and telling me to call her back. I sent her a text last night saying goodnight, sweet dreams and that I hope she had a good day. Now haven't heard from her in 2 days. What do you all think I should do? Just confused about the sudden stop in calls. She was sounding like she was so happy to talk to me again.

Get a grip on yourself, what is 2 days in a human life? Or compared to the lifetime of the universe. To me its hopelesly exaggerating, but that's a part of being in love i guess. Have you dealt with the problems that made you break up in the first place? If not, i suggest you deal with them first because you wouldn't want the past come back to haunt you with unresolved issues which will lead to a simular break up once again.

I do not want to bring up past issues unless we start to talk about getting back together, she was the one that left me so I don't want to initiate that topic. I understand if we get more serious again those issues need to be dealt with. Just would like some advice on whether I should continue to wait for her to call or should I give her a call, I'm not freaking out, just would like some advice.

People sometimes contact their exes for an ego boost- to check in and make contact when they need the attention. If that's what she's doing then she may have already got what she needed. I know that sounds awful but in my experience that's what checking in to see how your ex is doing is all about. If she doesnt contact you again for some time then the next time she does I would not respond. Dont go chasing after her, because she started it, and you may end up feeling angry at her if she was just saying hi.

My ex called me today around 2 pm from work, completely unexpected. Said she was calling to see how I was and to call her back at work. Didn't call back immediately as if I was waiting to hear from her. She always sounds happy to talk with me when she calls. If things end up where we do get back togehter, how slow should things be taken? I know that the issues before we split would need to be dealt with, but this is new territory for me. This was my first real relationship and have never dealt with an ex or their behaviour, it's almost like a game. I am just being myself and trying to let her initiate everything, is this the right way to go about things?

Thank you for your advice Ellie2006, she actually called me tonight to see what I was doing. I was headed into town anyway and she was at the mall looking for something to wear for a party she has to go to for work on Sat. night. She told me she was having trouble finding something to wear and I asked her if she would like some help, she gladly accepted and we spent about an hour and a half there together, we had a really good time. I have noticed that she looks at me like she misses me when I'm around her, she loves the slight accent I have when I say certain words and other little things about me that only couples come to love about one another. She asked me to call her later after we left the mall and I did, we had a nice conversation and we said good night. She told me I could call her tomorrow at work. Things look to be going really well but I know I need to be careful with my heart and take things slowly. We are really getting along well and we are making one another laugh again. I am happy with the progress I have made as a person during our separation and believe I will be a better person because of it. I will continue to keep posting as the situation unfolds, as for now I am just enjoying the times we talk and spend together because I have really missed her. I have not missed a night of prayer since the day she left and will continue from this day forward. I will never forget a great line from the movie Rudy, "praying is something we do in our time, the answers come in God's time." That is so true, and I will continue to pray that things work out between us. Thank you all for your advice and opinions on this, it is appreciated.