Had an Informal Job Interview Today

Wow~ I didn't expect to interview today. The company I work for had a meet and greet with the Training department today. A co-worker talked me into going.

Right now I work in a "processing area" of an insurance company. Day in day out at a cubicle processing paperwork. Not too exciting.

This past summer I completed an associates degree in Business Management. I planned to start looking for a new position around this time and no later than early 2007.

I would love to be in the training department. I should hear something from them by next week (hopefully by today or tomorrow!)

I think I'm a good candidate for this position. I'm hoping for it but also know that I will be at an advantage if I stay where I'm at. (We have detailed training coming up here - a chance for overall knowledge which would increase my chances at moving up here.)

Please cross fingers for me. This is so exciting! I haven't interviewed for a new position / department in aaahhh 6 years. When I started working here!

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Today I received the response stating that they feel I am a good candidate for this position and that I should continue the application process by applying for the position online. I then received an email requesting that I shadow one of the training classes.

My boss is not here and I have to talk to him before I proceed. He'll be here tomorrow.

I heard through the grapevine that I am being considered for the "Control and Oversight Team." Basically a team that is trained on all aspects of the administration of our policies. A good move but no increase in pay.

I really think I need to get out of a cubicle and that I'd thoroughly enjoy the training position and would be more of an asset to the company if I were in that position.

Can't wait til tomorrow to see if I get the approval!

Talked with one of the trainers today and she gave me a heads up that the people that received the job shadow invite are the ones they are definitely interested in.

I received my invite to the formal interview. It will consist of a thirty minute question and answer and then I will present a mock training session (lasting 10 minutes) on any "Company" topic in front of 5 other people.

I have 6 days to prepare. I'll have my training topic and material completed by Saturday afternoon and then have the next few days to mentally prepare.

I'm excited!