I Have Loved, Lost, and Learned Much

Many of you are very familiar with my story. My ex fiance packed and left 2 months ago. It was bound to happen; I tried breaking up with him twice, I guess it was more of a shock that he finally ended it for me. Depression lingered for over a month - you all know that feeling so I dont have to express the hurt.

I am 38 years old and I have been through this path so much more than many of you. Here's what I say to you all. Realize that you are LIFE. Recognize that your soul continues to breath for air, whether you cry in sadness or scream in anger. You may have lost the person you love but you did not lose your soul. It will always be there because you are alive.

So we lost our ex's; it hurts doesnt it? But have you really lost much? By all means, grieve. However give up only when you no longer have any source for love - your family, friends, the bill collector (kidding).

I grew up in a third-world country in Asia and I have seen poverty and so much tragedy. Be thankful for your pain for it is nothing but temporary. Growing up I've seen people who've lost so much more - a house, a child, an entire family. What mind-blowing, gut-wrenching sort of pain did they experience? It's unimaginable. Unike ours, their scars will remain unhealed forever. Yet while I saw in their eyes the weight of their pain, they kept their faith strong and live on because there is life beating inside them.

Please take a moment to inhale deep and exhale slow. Do not forget to breathe. Think about your ex, about the good and bad times you've spent together, then softly whisper "thank you," because no matter how much or how little, they gave us happiness to keep living and sadness to keep learning.

Get excited my young friends and celebrate your existence. Be wise, be content. Get ready and fasten your seatbelts because marvelous things are about to happen. I guarantee you.

yeah it can always be alot worse and is for many people out there and perspective is sometimes hard to find.

breakups are painful and mostly unexpected but life does go on

although I think I would rather not think about my ex at all, good times or bad

thanks for the inspiring words Chibby