Hit By A Careless Driver!

OK This is my story....today my youngest baby ( I have only been blessed with dogs) got hit by a careless driver! His name is Tipsy...a beautiful baby boy. And I don't know how do deal with this....My boyfriend said it is my fault b/c I let them (we had 6 now 5) to use the bathroom. It was so pretty today and I wanted them to have a good day...well they weren't out but 5 min. and everyone came in but Tipsy so he and I both go out to look for him and I see him in the road...he was dead, I ran in front of the traffic and told people to stop...I didn't want him to get hit again IF he was ok...no one did! Why does it seem as if noone cares anymore??? To me this isn't just a dog...its my child!!! So I go out there and grab him up in the middle of the traffic and I knew he was dead but he looked pretty much the same...i knew his neck was broke....i grabbed him up and held my baby one more time.....crying wondering why the person who hit him wouldn't have at least tried to save him! I am just really lonley and my b/f hasn't been any help.....I guess I was hoping somone here would be.

I'm sorry you lost your baby! Don't blame yourself, but learn from this. Don't let your dogs out without someone there with them, watching them. There are many dangers out there in this world.

Take comfort with your other dogs, they need you just as much as you need them. Talk to them, they listen and they don't try and place blame on anyone.

I'm really sorry to hear this. Of course it isn't your fault. It was an accident and these things just happen. It would have been nice if the driver had stopped but perhaps he just didn't see your dog or even have any idea he hit something.

Have a memorial service or something to remember your dog by. Go ahead and cry and let it out. This is certainly going to hurt.

My deepest condolences.

i am so sorry also. i am a big pet person myself. it's not your fault, you can't watch animals every second of the day, they like to sneak off when they get a chance.

anyways, he is now in doggie heaven with plenty of toys and frisbees for him to chase. definitely do something to say good bye to him.

take care

I know it isn't my fault...but my boyfriend told me it was...or is. Some people don't understand that this is my child....they are my children......the one that died today....his daddy went missing yesterday was a year.... I did what I had to and 3 weeks to the day I got him back. I did what I had to to get my baby back and now there is nothign I can do! To me I do love ALOT of people...but my babies love me no matter what! It doesn't matter if I am * * * * *y or what they love me. Think about it it is hard to find people like that...for me it is anyway.

i'm so sorry! i know the pain of losing pets - all too well. its heartbreaking b/c they're so innocent and never hurt you. i had the same thing happen to my cat as happened to your dog. its not your fault! stay away from your boyfriend until he can calm down and be sensitive to your pain.

all the best,

s-

I am so sorry you lost your pup. I know that he was a very special part of your life. I don't know how a person could just continue to drive off. It is not your fault whatsoever and shame on your boyfriend for his comments.

Know that your boy is playing with all the other pups in the biggest yard he has ever seen.

i am sorry to hear that you lost your puppy. I can't imagine how you feel.

But i have to say that you were irrisponisble to let your pup[ies out like that. If hey were your babies(human) you would NEVER let them out of your sight. It isnt fair to blame the driver for being irrisponsible in this situation, he didnt go out to hit your dog.

You have to be more deligent when they are still puppies.

Sorry about your pain, sorry about your puppies. Please watch out for them, they tend to go stray as they are young.

I actually wrote Freedom and said that I did NOT like the comment or advice that was written to me....I do take care of all of my babies and love them ALL dearly! Thank you to the ones who did write consoling comments. That is what this site is about. NOT trying to kick someone when they are down. I am hurting from my Tipsy dying and if I weren't and didn't care I wouldn't be here....Please understand that when posting anything to anyone Freedom.

thank you for your post.

i am sorry for your pain that you are going thru. from what you have written, i am pretty sure you that do love your puppies. I love my pets as well very much.

I dont think it is fair to play the blame game on the drivers. It isnt their fualt. Bad things happens and the only way of avoiding that is the only person that takes care of them.

Again i am sorry for your loss.

i have edited my post.