Guys: How would you react if...

I'm trying to understand why this guy I like would act a certain way.First of all, I can't figure out if he likes me or not anyways, at a party,we were hanging out a bit and he seemed like he liked me offering me some of his food, teasing me a bit, being real friendly and than this annoying friend of ours kept saying things like "oh, you guys should get together and go out" we both ignored her and than after a few comments like that she said "I feel there is a date in the make over here" and i got nervous and defensiveand was afarid maybe he would think i was after him and said "Well, I think you're imagining things" just to cover myself and try to relieve pressure off him if he felt it. Except....Three minutes later the guy got up and went to the other end of the room and didn't come back. Did i insult him or was he just not interested and was starting to feel pressured to ask me out and wanted an escape? How would you act? Is he intersted and i blew it? Or was he just trying to be friendly and than felt pressured