what to do when you run out of stuff to talk about!?

Belmontboy, there is no problem in IMPROVING a relationship, and long distance ones are notoriously hard because you can't go out to the movies together, eat out, or play minature golf and those other date activities. All you got is talking.

Anyways. Some ideas.

1 - Do you share an interest? You can get tons of milage out of talking about and sharing information you found about your shared interest. When I was in a long-distance relationship, we could talk for hours about hockey and video games (interests we shared).

2 - Actually... you can plan a movie night. Both of you rent the same movie, chat a bit before (if you have IM and a computer in the same room as your TV, you can chat during). Watch the movie "together" and then chat a bit about it afterwards. You get the feeling of sharing an activity together. You can probably also get creative with board games, especially if you have a webcam.

3 - A book of questions sounds like a good idea. Sometimes you forget the more intimate topics.

I think it's normal in LDR to go from talking all the time to a bit less-- you both have your own life. If you really feel there is nothing left to talk about, maybe it's a good idea to tell about things in your youth, good books you've read, the things you want to do when you see each other again, etc.

But on the other hand, if this leads to alienation, you should maybe address this to your bf.

Ilse

Go rent the same movie, or buy the same book and talk about those. Talk about current events, watch the news and say so what do you think about those darn democrats and their lack of cohones on national security. Do you have any common hobbies, if you both like say football im sure you can talk for hours about that. I could talk for days about pro football to anyone that would listen.