What really kills me...

What really kills me about the post-breakup situation is when the ex says, "Well, let's be cordial when we see each other." First, that's insulting. I'm not about to haul off and scream at him in public; never did, never would.

Second, I remember many times DURING our relationship when he wasn't at all "cordial" toward me -- he'd sulk, throw temper tantrums, accuse me of stuff I wasn't doing. So NOW he wants to institute a "cordiality" rule? Get real!! :splat:

Think about it like this..he's said something that you find insulting, but actually he's scared of what you might do. That gives you some power...not saying you should threaten (or indeed do) anything.

Just know that he has an inbuilt fear of something that you know won't happen. Hold that thought of power over him...and know you could one day use it (I don't recommend, but you could enjoy the power)...

What really kills me about the post-breakup situation is when the ex says, "Well, let's be cordial when we see each other."

I know what you mean. It's like, that's what you're primarily concerned about?? Post-breakup etiquette when we see each other in public?????